And today I did......

Thinking on different sizes and usage :? the 2nd pic id try to do about that size as a ladle type but remember once the main structure is made i can thin it down considerably. Especially the laminate.
The latter is probably the most technical to achieve. Its the clamping thats required which has to be even across the whole structure as it cures. I also like that i may be able to insert the concave spoon section inside the laminate before its clamped. It means its one operation and theres far less chance of something splitting or cracking as i bend it to fit it together as a 2 piece.

Loads of fun :D
Im looking forward to gluing up the mahogany strips tomorrow. Im envisioning there will be a bit of springiness in the finished laminate.
Ill make a teardrop shaped insert to glue it around, with any luck i might even be able to produce a working prototype from it.
Ive a sneaky trick ive suddenly thought of might help support it as is cures and allow the spoon section to be fitted prior to gluing

I was only interested in the Fat gazz, as said im not clued up with most exotic stuff outside the uk though i have spotted one or 2 in the city over the past year. One i thought was yours and one that was really tatty. It just had Chance on the tube and you could see something was or used to be before it.
No wire cutters unfortunately ;)

Jamie wrote:
Velo wrote:

Quote:
I need to repair and maintain harnesses fitted to cattle for attaching bags that collect their manure. Told you it was weird, an artisan craft for an unpleasant purpose. Unpleasant for me, cattles opinion is unrecorded

I do it the easy way for my samples mate, I just take it straight from the source
No waiting for it

Jamie

Thats what you do for samples, I'm collecting the stuff, all of it. I've a room full of it all culturing away for 10-14 days at 24oC. Where there's muck there's brass or in this case o_Ostertagii a abomasal blood sucking nematode :LOL:

velomaniac":xl9ubldw said:
Jamie wrote:
...Thats what you do for samples, I'm collecting the stuff, all of it. I've a room full of it all culturing away for 10-14 days at 24oC. Where there's muck there's brass or in this case o_Ostertagii a abomasal blood sucking nematode :LOL:

Breeding bankers? :)

epicyclo":29z6cp3s said:
velomaniac":29z6cp3s said:
Jamie wrote:
...Thats what you do for samples, I'm collecting the stuff, all of it. I've a room full of it all culturing away for 10-14 days at 24oC. Where there's muck there's brass or in this case o_Ostertagii a abomasal blood sucking nematode :LOL:

Did I mention I work in HR for a bank... :LOL:

Rumble....... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .......you banker ;)

You know its all in jest, I would never compare you to a banker really :)

Jamie

Rumble":1ub707fg said:
epicyclo":1ub707fg said:
velomaniac":1ub707fg said:
Jamie wrote:

Did I mention I work in HR for a bank... :LOL:

Yeah, but HR is dealing with the human ones :)

High light of the day, making a cuppa on my NEW Trangia and lighting it with my NEW fire steel.
Isn't the smell of burning Meths lovely :shock:
It ranks away up there with the smell of a lady just out of the bath :shock: ...................Yes!!!!!

Back