And so it begins. Bespoke build. Here. Page 9

Re: Re:

The History Man":3c46jghf said:
makster":3c46jghf said:
Tease!! ;)
What gives with the rear mech cable run though? Are you going to run it completely enclosed?

No flys on you then! All cables fully enclosed.

I'm currently studying a lot of steel frames ;)

Re: And so it begins. Bespoke build. Progressing......

Thought you'd built yours? Or Mk2 on the horizon?

Re:

Hopefully mk2,3,4,5,6,7,8......
Company name registered. Head-badges being designed. Website under construction....just need to finish renovating my house so I'll have time to start some frame-building!!

Is that a Surly fork that you're going to use? I was using a Charge fork that's similar on mine, then recently bought a carbon one.
Really pleased with it so far

Yes Surly. Lots of rack mount options as the plan is to use it for a bit of touring with racks/panniers fore and aft. Thinking this will become a multi-purpose summer trail and mixed riding bike with the Cooker hardtail set up with fat tyres for anything else. I like the idea of getting somewhere then leaving enough energy to explore a bit each day.

I'm a bit late to this party ... which is fine as the suspense might have been too much otherwise, you big tease!

Looking forward to the big reveal - I want close ups of those fillets please... ;)

It's taking a bit longer as they're all hand finished with no mechanical assistance. If it's killing you imagine how I feel.

Thinking it needs another triple cable guide on the downtube as fully enclosed could be a bit flappy. Then that should be it, ready for paint and the usual THM style build. :facepalm: will try to be a little more subtle this time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 471
Re:

We REALLY need more pics of the frame before it's painted, pretty please :D

I'll start the chant....fillets, fillets, fillets, fillets,,fillets, fillets, fillets, fillets ,fillets, fillets, fillets, fillets, fillets, fillets, fillets, fillets, fillets, fillets, fillets, fillets etc ;)

Back