Alan Super Record ´88

elquequiencom

Dirt Disciple
Full bike restored Alan Super Record from 1988.
Campagnolo Chorus entire group unless Athena FD & brakes. Campagnolo Corsa Record brake levers.
Mavic MA 2 clincher rims.
Cinelli Girod´Italia stem & handle bar.
Only the seat post it´s out of the group ( 600 from the same years)

Precious frame in 54 size.
600 euros.
Perfect condition to ride.

Attachments

• 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 3,997
  • 045.JPG
    045.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 3,996
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 3,996
  • 037 (2).JPG
    037 (2).JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 3,996
Oh my! What a beauty!!!

Brakes are defo Chorus and I think that the front mech was shared anyway.

You think it´s Chorus too...?

As I can found in vissual searches it seems more like Athena than Chorus, but in those times both groups are very similar....maybe..

Thanks I have two Alan´s more...one like Teka Team from ´78 or before & a frame...

Alan was the Cervelo from 70´s...( at least in Spain) ;)

Cheers

wow! i sold an exact copy of this frame that was branded by another cycle company, with 1970's shimano altus of that era for £165..wish i'd stuck aload of campag on it now and knocked it out!

I never knew that there was a ''braze-on'' front mech on ALAN. This is the first I see. Nice bike BTW.
I did own a ALAN myself in de 80's, but also it went two times back to Italy for repairs on the lugs. Broken, but life time garantee. There was a maximum advised weight for the rider at that time (and when I indeed really had that weigth). I used it for ''races around the church", and there a steel frame was a better choise to be honoust. An ALAN is like a sponge on that kind of real speedy races.

Bike of the month?...i´ll never post on it.. but I will, I´ve got more pics & betters....I hope I can post´it..

Thanks to every body, I never ride this bike because I prefer the satisfaction of the restoration. In Spain there are a lot of Vitus & Alan´s from "old" riders, they were a revolution...

Cheers.

+

A real beauty!! The roadie bikes you build are always soooo nice...
I also think this should go for BOTM ;)

Back