Airbrush Paint job, ideas welcome

Carsten G

Old School Hero
Hi RB

My bike need some repainting of the suspension fork so it will be nice for the frame and mostly for the eyes.

The front wheel will get another CK hub in pewter (match the brakes) so no red will be on the bike.

I would like to have some of the carbon visible on the fork but some candy paint job can keep that even if the fork also get other colors.

Ideas and input are very welcome :)

Cheers
/ Carsten

The bike we are talking about:

PC290037_big_thumb.JPG

PC290029_big_thumb.JPG

PC290034_big_thumb.JPG

Cycling Hamster on Dawes":3bhtqtlz said:
Just live with it as it is - it's fine! Spend the money and time reading a nice book instead! ;)

Hehe my eyes are already square by reading books so thats no problem..but I get your point, books are rare in many peoples life now days :D

The reason for the other (paint job) is that the bike stands in much better condition then the bad pictures show, looks okay with the fork but you know sometimes the little things makes the rest nice or extra nice and makes you want to keep the bike for life (back to memory-lane again).

The price is not a problem, its one of my friends who do the painting so price is only the material and a nice dinner at my home, not bad at all :)

Very top and bottoms of the forks following the frame's split colourscheme. Leave the remainder in Carbon

moffyr72":3ucfk7lk said:
Very top and bottoms of the forks following the frame's split colourscheme. Leave the remainder in Carbon

When you say top, is it the crown you think there ?

Nice thinking, my thoughts are making the lower blue on the blue side and white the other and both colors massive in the bottom and fading (transparent) op to the red DT sticker and make the red sticker blue and white instead of red.

Hmm have to learn to use photoshop and play with the colors damm.. :shock:

Yes the crown, also where the white is at the bottom, replicate that in the blue /white reversed for each side

moffyr72":1rt1h9cf said:
Yes the crown, also where the white is at the bottom, replicate that in the blue /white reversed for each side

Okay I´m with you now... so we are actually quite close to each other as I see it but not a bad idea with the crown, blue stays on the blue side to match the frame.

Think I will play a little with Photoshop the next days and use some of the ideas, gives a better picture when it´s on the screen and not only in the head
:)

Cycling Hamster on Dawes":1qffjicc said:
Just live with it as it is - it's fine! Spend the money and time reading a nice book instead! ;)

I agree with Cycling Hamster on Dawes. especially because the forks are mostly black, they don't clash.

Latest posts

Back