Advice Needed: Derailleur Hanger Replacement

Ahhh Reilly …. I wanted a Ti gravel frame from them but they were so unhelpful on the phone I didn’t bother and went with another brand.

Just Googled them (Reilly). Very nice frames! Surely they must have a stock of replaceable hangers? They have some on their website, but not for your model. That would be my first port of call.

Just Googled them (Reilly). Very nice frames! Surely they must have a stock of replaceable hangers? They have some on their website, but not for your model. That would be my first port of call.
me too - it’s a bit of short business venture they did into carbon frames they so not many frames made. Mine is from around 2017-ish. They are looking to get some hangers made up and looking for a supplier. I am a little impatient to have my bike back though…It’s a lovely bike

I got a replacement hanger for my boys Vitus from here.
Worth contacting them with some photos to see if they can help.

Once a replacement is found & fitted do make sure it's properly aligned with an alignment tool to ensure the derailleur hangs properly for precise changing and also to prevent it catching on the spokes (once properly adjusted!)
On to these guys - they seem like helpful folks

me too - it’s a bit of short business venture they did into carbon frames they so not many frames made. Mine is from around 2017-ish. They are looking to get some hangers made up and looking for a supplier. I am a little impatient to have my bike back though…It’s a lovely bike
I don't blame you! Hopefully the Hangers site might be able to help. Doesn't look too different to others and if Reilly were sensible they would have obtained them from an existing supplier rather than create their own spec ones to keep costs down. Good luck with getting this resolved!

I was thinking an online fab shop type place, make a CAD (cardboard aided design) version to check, then transfer in to CAD (the other sort) then send it on it's way. but figured it would cost more than 25 quid to make one.

still a jelly bean part though so should be something out there that matches.
What's a jelly bean part? In the context of cycling

What's a jelly bean part? In the context of cycling
A part made by a 3rd party that is used by multiple manufacturers because if they made it themselves it would cost way to much to be worth it. Its normally something you can swap between manufacturers without issue.
I'm amazed it isn't one in this case, and actually it's a really bad business strategy to make that part yourselves, as you can see why here.

More prevalent in other industries but there's still a few in cycling.

The original bike was a collaboration with a Formula 1 carbon fiber components manufacturer in the UK who had some cycling enthusiasts in their team. Unlike most carbon frames the tubes were cut, mitred and assembled to produce a very light frame (<700g unpainted) with limited “filler”. It may be a standard hanger - but its malleability (I could easily bend it with my fingers) and the fact I can’t find a match makes me think it might be a custom piece. Will do some calling today and cross my fingers.

Some of our aerospace customers claim success with 3d printing.
That ought to be cheaper than machining, although I don't see how it would be strong enough myself.

Latest posts

Back