Achievable weight loss

:LOL: :LOL:

Kirsty doesn't like it when I put on a few pound . . . only because I get mardy about it, she doesn't care as long as I don't get uber-podgy...

IDB1":2fey6pku said:
old school cool":2fey6pku said:
I have the same problem and i'm nearly exactly the same weight. I've lost half a stone by doing 2 30 min runs twice a week and cutting out on all late night snacks.

In what time frame?

I was loosing between 2-3 ilb a week

I struggle to put on weight, I have always for the last 10 years hovered around the 10 stone mark, i tried put on weight, by always coming away from meals full up, but i just got tired of the feeling, and in a year and put on and lost a stone, without doing anything consciously

I live by the rule of eat what you burn, therefore if you dont burn much ie like doing less exercise, because of lifestyle, you eat less, has always worked for me. I dont starve, have 3 meals a day. always have breakfast,

If you are putting on weight, then you are eating too much or not exercising enough, one of the laws of physics, you cant get more out than what you put in, ie you cant put on weight if you dont eat enough.

mattbrown":2kp92mo6 said:
If you are putting on weight, then you are eating too much or not exercising enough, one of the laws of physics, you cant get more out than what you put in, ie you cant put on weight if you dont eat enough.

Affirmative.. on both counts :cry:

mattbrown":2yza8a0p said:
I struggle to put on weight, I have always for the last 10 years hovered around the 10 stone mark, i tried put on weight, by always coming away from meals full up, but i just got tired of the feeling, and in a year and put on and lost a stone, without doing anything consciously

I live by the rule of eat what you burn, therefore if you dont burn much ie like doing less exercise, because of lifestyle, you eat less, has always worked for me. I dont starve, have 3 meals a day. always have breakfast,

One thing I'd say about that - people who struggle to put on weight will find it hard to empathise with people who put on weight easily.

Now some will say, that those who put on weight easily, are just eating to much - but there are things at play, here - if, on the one hand, you struggle to put on weight, then surely at the other end of the scale, there are people who struggle not to put on weight.

Now that's not me disowning CICO - nothing defeats that. Just accepting that in my experience, from people I've trained / coached - people who struggle to put on weight, seem unable to empathise with people who struggle to keep it off - and always seem to ascribe it as simply lack of will-power.

Whereas, science will show that there is variance - there is variance in metabolic rate, there's variance in rate of absorption, there's variance in how individuals partition their intake.

And true enough, there's many behavioural reasons, too.

So there are physiological as well as psychological reasons why some people struggle to put on weight, and some people struggle to keep off weight. Most people normally only really empathise and understand their own situation.

Back