Accidents - **WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGE CONTENT**

I can handle bruises and blood and twisted limbs and considerable amounts of pain (like spending my precious fifty pound notes :shock: )
but the image of ankle bone sticking out is too much especially as I was eating my tea while checking my e;mails :cry: I will never eat again :evil: I now am thinking of posting my right testacle fish hook scar to put someone else off there tea :!: :!: Not strictly cycling related but I did ride to the fishing lake that day ;)

marin man":1rl7t1sm said:
I now am thinking of posting my right testacle fish hook scar to put someone else off there tea :!: :!: Not strictly cycling related but I did ride to the fishing lake that day ;)

But did you ride BACK after "the testicle incident?" :shock:

Yes, the ankle photo was a bit heavy :eek:

No I did not :LOL: :LOL: I limped home with fishing gear on one shoulder and pushing bike for about two miles :twisted: Not an experiance I care to remember ;) Thanks for reminding me :oops:

Did you cut the barb off the hook and remove it yourself or was it just a flesh wound??

And if non-cycling injuries go up.. I'm in!! :LOL:

This was unfortunately in the days when most lakes had not banned microbarb hooks :!: :!: I cast towards an island and had been doing this all day but I hit a tree so I pulled on the line in a straight line and was still sitting down (wearing shorts)and the lead suddenly came back at about 100 miles an hour and hit my thigh :twisted: Luckily it was only a light lead about 1/2 an once I thought,but it still bloody hurt.The trouble was the size 14 micro barb hook went up my short leg at the same speed and I did not feel it penetrate :shock: when the lead continued hanging there I thought that it was stuck in my shorts so I pulled it :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Then I realised what had happened a bit sharpish I can tell you :cry: :cry: It had not gone right through either so I had to cut the line and push it through and then cut off the eye and remove it :oops: So much blood that I thought I was on my first period :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry mate I am laughing at the thought that ANYTHING could put me off my dinner ;) But seriously I hope she recovered o.k That must have hurt like hell.

Latest posts

Back