Aaaaaaaah, back at work...

second day back ofter the new year and it hardly feels like i have had a break.

rosstheboss":2xhf2zvw said:
.....it cost £130!!!......

If you tell them you're thinking of going with another telecom company, but will stay with them if they can match the connection price they usually discount it. I did that when I moved to my current location and they connected me for nothing! ;)

I'm so glad the shortest day of the year is over. Getting up in the cold and dark was really hard. 7:00 AM alarm, press snooze until 8:00 Am or 8:10 :D. I'm realizing how easy school was and how much I underappreciated weekends. No time to cycle, or play sports outside of Saturday and Sunday. Good thin I can listen to music here :)

Xesh":32gy74e0 said:
rosstheboss":32gy74e0 said:
.....it cost £130!!!......

If you tell them you're thinking of going with another telecom company, but will stay with them if they can match the connection price they usually discount it. I did that when I moved to my current location and they connected me for nothing! ;)

Tried everything - even through BT staff 'family and friends' mates rates thingy (my brother in law is a BT techy person) it's still £130!!! Apparently this is an ofcom regulated fairness thing - if you decide to move to an uninhabited island in the middle of the North Sea or something like that and want a BT line connected......it'll cost £130

Yep, that's sounds about right. some connections in rural areas may cost thousands. I guess it's the same deal as prescription medicine, we all pay the same unless you live in Wales where it's free!

Back