AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
WHY cant people bloody measure things properly when asked??

Just rushed home from work all excited to go and collect the Judy's I'd bought for my long-dormant Rock Lobster build and they're bloody 1 1/8!
This is despite me making a point of asking the seller to measure them before I bid :roll:
This is the 2nd pair I've bought that exactly this has happened with, plus getting ripped off by someone on here for a set, so I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get this finished :evil:
Everything else is here ready appart from forks!

Bloody frustrating!!

I've had this with P2s.

'What is the axle to crown length'
'440mm'

Get the forks and they're 410.

'It said 440 on the Kona website'

So instead of measuring something you have you look on a website.

Very lazy.

It's even worse when they give you the wrong measurements for a frame (or worst of all, a complete bike!).

Yep, especially with 1" quill stems, this happens all the time.

I almost bought one from an american ebayer, I aksed specifically. Of course, the stem was 25,4 mm (1 inch).

When I told him that tis is for a 1 1/8 inch system, and the 1 inch actually measures 22,2 mm, his reply was kind like this:

European idiots...blahbla...doenst´t exist....blahla... I am an experienced racer....blahblah

Hope the actual buyer visited him to stick the quill stem in his arse :shock:

Tommi74":2ks02m96 said:
Yep, especially with 1" quill stems, this happens all the time.

I almost bought one from an american ebayer, I aksed specifically. Of course, the stem was 25,4 mm (1 inch).

When I told him that tis is for a 1 1/8 inch system, and the 1 inch actually measures 22,2 mm, his reply was kind like this:

European idiots...blahbla...doenst´t exist....blahla... I am an experienced racer....blahblah

Hope the actual buyer visited him to stick the quill stem in his arse :shock:

I think I spoke to the same fellow! His was the only 1 1/8" stem that came up in my search for 1" - same guy?

Dead Rats":1xjj3gkm said:
Mr K has 1" SIDs in either mint or NOS condition ;)

Yeh, I know. They're bloody lovely too but I've built this up for a black, white or yellow fork and his are bright blue :(
Its really annoying as the forks were the first thing I sourced for this frame, and so got decals and finishing kit to match, and then got mugged by the seller :roll:
I've now got 3 sets of Rock Shox sat in my spare room and none of them fit :LOL:

Edit...haven't seen Mr K's so will take a look. Was thinking of the ones Sithlord has ;)

Back