a question and free stuff....

mc

Dirt Disciple
First my question. Who can tell me anything about this. It's a cable actuated hydraulic shifter of some sort. Came hooked to an 8spd shifter. Cables runs from shifter into master cyclinder. At the other end there is a slave cylinder that moves and pulls a short cable which is attached to the rear derailleur. It's labeled with a logo from Safe Products. I don't know any more than that. Here's a picture....

free%20005.jpg

Now for the free stuff. I'm not sure how to work this, I'm going to leave that up to the members. You guys make suggestion on how to best handle it and I'll decide when a good suggestion comes up. Here are my rules. The free stuff is not given away to be resold. Also, I plan on shipping only one box mostly because the cost across the pond forbids doing more. I also don't plan on paying the shipping. So if you guys can come up with a way to pay the shipping(probably around $25-$30) and to redistribute the parts to others I'll be happy to send this lot over to the UK. Here's some of the stuff in it:

Hope master cyclinder
Hope caliper
XT Front mech M737, 34.9
XT front mech M736, 31.8
UN72 bb, 73x113
Deore crankset, FC-MT60, 175mm with MRP bash ring and 40T SR single ring
M737 SPD pedals, need rebuild
Real chainring, 110x46. Looks to be the nickle plated, fairly worn
Sugino chainring, 110x46 good shape
SR suntour 32t ring, very worn
Hope rear hub w/ two freehub bodies. Missing axle, pawls and pawl springs. 36hole, disc(centerlock-esque, but not center lock standard)
Shimano 8spd cassette 11-28, virtually no wear
Pile of Risse Racing Terminator shocks. 2 shocks and some extra parts. Probably
Tnt Green lockring
XTR rear derailleur, needs new barrel adjuster, looks fairly used, but functionally seems great
Azonic brake lever, left hand only
Blue mountain speed springs, not sure what they fit
MRP stuff, pulleys, guides, plates and boomerangs. Large ones to fit really big chainrings.
Red linkage for something not sure what it fits, but it says full energy transfer system on it
Purple spider, not sure what it fits, but one arm is cut part way through.
Sachs Extreme 8spd grip shifter

So throw out some ideas on how to do it. I have a thought but don't want to suggest it. If someone steps up with it I'll try to make it worth their while.

Cheers

I didn't think I'd actually see one of these hydraulic shifting set-ups. I had seen them advertised once but I've never before seen one, not even at a bike show.

They were supposed to make shifting easier by removing the friction of the shifting cable. They were also supposed to be maintenance free as well. I don't think that they caught on and seemed to disappear in a year or two. I would think that they'd be ideal for full sus bikes because of the convoluted cable runs on some bikes. They would virtually eliminate ghost shifting due to the hydraulic line.

As far as the linkages you've got, they look like something from the rear swingarm of a Proflex or similar. Don't quote me on that though.

If theres a way to work this I would be interested in the hope hub bits to repair a hope rear hub i have with a cracked flange.

Infact price Dependant im willing to front the money to get the box over here, then any one wanting anything can get it from me FOC, but covering postage.

I'd be interested in the Risse shocks and the Hope rear hub parts, put me down for some postage donation too.

The "arms" look like they're off the Lawill/Fisher RS1 rear end.

I'll have the lightweight dependent on what tub is fitted :LOL:

I'd like the speed springs for my judys & the front mech pls

V kind of you dude & likewise happy to pay postage.

Can have everything delivered to me & then post on within the uk too ;-)

Martin

Back