A nice little ride today...

I , too , had a nice little ride yesterday . Over Steyning Bostal through the mist , bought some tat , ate cake , rode back over Bostal without mist and home again to wash/oil bikes ;)

Nice one buddy :LOL: :LOL:

Mike Muz 67":1aqzdvla said:
Did someone say mudguards ?

Wasn't aware such language was acceptable on this forum ! :evil:
You'll be telling me you had full gloves on next :roll:

Drop Bars, single speed, gravel roads, track mits and shorts

TheGreenRabbit":3aodbgkd said:
Mike Muz 67":3aodbgkd said:
Did someone say mudguards ?

Wasn't aware such language was acceptable on this forum ! :evil:
You'll be telling me you had full gloves on next :roll:

Drop Bars, single speed, gravel roads, track mits and shorts
That's my boy , taught him everything I know , sweet F/A ! :LOL: :LOL:

Did 1 3/4 hours on GarF ,

along to Devils Dyke , SDW westbound , down to bramber around the back to Ditchling Beacon . Overtook someone on a carbon road bike going up it :LOL: :LOL:
Only had 15psi in my tyres too , after letting too much out for the small section of offroad riding . Nice day , after the unsettled weather of yesterday too :cool:
Mike

Attachments

• garf at home.jpg
    garf at home.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 820
Decent but all too brief loop yesterday, found a couple of new paths to link a few bits together and cut out one section entirely. If I had more time I'd have messed around Selsdon more. Still very boggy in some parts, especially miles 4-6 and 12-13 but WAY better than at Christmas were I barely got out of the granny ring.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/501824793

Re:

That's it , I'm officially a duffer . :(

Got caught by two road racers on Ditchling Beacon this morning . Never been caught on that one . Did 1 3/4 hrs on the road bike . Been off this week , so I'd done three rides before today . One off road and three road , inc todays .
Hill count , 3 times up Beacon (inc. today) , Wilsons Ave , Albion Hill , and Kier Street , Lewes . So I had an excuse , and they only took about 100m out of me and had to stop at the top , whereas I carried on .

Mike

Re:

Well, the weather was kind today so I made my excuses and left the house, with the Mountain Goat, which, after MUCH fiddling and messing last night, was sort of in shape for a bike ride. For fashion critics, I will disclose that the tyres, seatpost and pedals were not exactly what we'd call period correct, but better that than leaving it gathering period correct dust.

So, a nice little ride with Mr Muz ensued, up via Chattri, onto the SDW, and over that to Telscombe, followed by a descent at Saltdean and down to the seafront. At Rottingdean, there is now a new cafe called Molly's which served nice cake and tea - it's not known if this establishment currently has the Anthony seal of approval, but no doubt the ink is drying on the entry form as we speak.

Aside from that, it was a great day, and as usual, it was interesting to see what bits and bobs the sea had washed up.

:D

Attachments

• IMAG0552.jpg
    IMAG0552.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 677
Back