A nice little ride today...

Re:

Evening all ;)

Went out for 2 1/2hrs after work .

From harbour , rode up Boundary Rd , crossing was closed for a change :roll: , so I shouldered bike and went through the underpass , feeling smug :LOL: :LOL:
Up past Foredown Tower , over the A27 , and carried on north to Devils Dyke .

Taken just before Dyke , best way to see Brighton , miles away from it :LOL: :LOL:
Down north side of Dyke ,, tested my handling skills near the bottom , had to take a foot out and make my way carefully down the wet chalk gulley to the bottom , near the Royal Oak pub .
Turned left , then up the next bridleway back up . One I'd never tried before , opposite Wickhurst Barns , according to my O/S map . Started off badly , got worse, ,but once in the open was much better , , it did get very steep at the top , but made it , just . Continued along SDW , to Youth Hostel , turned right to take a piccy above Golding Barn MX circuit , , then down (thankfully drier) descent to just west of Tottington Manor . Down towards Beeding , turned right by old petrol station , up and over track to Beeding itself . Back along SDW , past pig farm , ok , whos been riding their fat bike up here ? .
After which I made my way back down to Worthing , for a well earned cuppa ;)
Concluded that Gary Fisher grips don't :facepalm:

Mike

Attachments

• 14th may 1.jpg
    14th may 1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,152
  • 14th May 2.jpg
    14th May 2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,152
  • 14th May 4.jpg
    14th May 4.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,152
  • 14th May  3.jpg
    14th May 3.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,152
  • 14th May 5.jpg
    14th May 5.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,152
  • 14th May 6.jpg
    14th May 6.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,152
  • 14th May 7.jpg
    14th May 7.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,152
  • 14th May 8.jpg
    14th May 8.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,152
Re:

Happy weekend !

Did a nice little 3 1/2hr ride today . Up into Angmering Park Estate , some of which was ok , some was churned up , and boggy .Thankfully there were a few small tracks around the worse bits , so managed to avoid some nasty stuff . Through Wepham and Burpham , then over to Wepham Down .
Went along a really bad bit of bridleway over to the SDW . Through two fields of rapeseed , slow going , bumpy and uphill .
Then over SDW and down to Storrington via an extremely technical downhill , where I had to stop several times to walk past :oops: . Down to South Downs Bikes for some spares . Then back up to SDW and down to cross Long Furlong and back home for a nice cuppa ;)
Very pleasant ride , in lovely weather . Now feel pleasantly knackered :LOL: :LOL:
Mike

Re:

Hi DT,

Yes , it was one of those rides I didn't want to end . But my legs were starting to give out , having done three rides this week :LOL: :LOL:
Have you managed to get out ?

Mike

I did an 18 miler with Kampos Dave. THat's all i can manage at the moment. We rode mainly on national cycle route 88. It was really flat. We had a great ride through some nice old English countryside and farm areas.

Top of gravel hill yesterday - whilst it was lovely and warm it was a bit hazy, still, well worth the stretch:

t7kwe.jpg

al-onestare":5zh8wk49 said:
Top of gravel hill yesterday - whilst it was lovely and warm it was a bit hazy, still, well worth the stretch:

t7kwe.jpg

Nice view , I'd like to know how you got inside the post box to take it though :LOL: :LOL:

What area is this ?

Re:

Not that nice as it turned out , despite glorious weather .

Met at South Downs Bikes in Storrington for a ride with some other mtbers . On the ride up to there , felt an increasing amount of play under left shoe . Thinking it was a loose shoe plate , I carried on , 'til it got ridiculous . Stopped and had a look , and realized it was the 8mm crank bolt loosening itself . Not a problem I thought , 'til I remembered that I'd packed the Park tool allen key set , which goes up to 6mm . Usually I use another that goes to 8 , but I found the Park one first when I was packing . :facepalm:
Ended up using the 6mm and a garage key that wedged nicelyin the gap . Further on , I came off :oops: crossing tracks to avoid a puddle :LOL: :LOL: . Made it on time anyway . Here's a pic for evidence .

I'm sure you can figure out which one was my bike .
Having tightened the crank bolt up at the shop , off I went with the 22 others up Chantry lane . 21 got to the top behind me :cool: only to be beaten by a 17 y/o on an S WORKS :roll:
After which we rode for about 1 1/2hrs , stopping so I could do my bolt up with a borrowed multi tool :facepalm:
Tightened up again at the shop , and rode home on the road , hoping it would stay put this time . It did .
Cleaned out threads on return ,getting some threadlock tomorrow .

Mike

Attachments

• todays ride 1st June.jpg
    todays ride 1st June.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 1,058
Re:

Nice to be back on a bike today after a week off it, unable to walk.

Did 50 miles which went from Brighton, via Telscombe, over the SDW to Jevington, across to Cuckmere Haven, then back along to Brighton. Slightly mis-calculating the timing on the return run as it was the end of the L2B and therefore the seafront was packed, should have gone a different way at the end.

Anyhow, hopefully, normal service resumed, back on the bike and a nice day.

Latest posts

Back