A Bit of Buying advice!

johnfruitbat

Retro Newbie
Hi all!

Just wondering if someone can give me a bit of buying advice. This site is bringing back so many memories for me, used to have a Yo Eddy! in grellow, think it was 90-91, been racking my brains to remember, anyway got out of the sport for a while and sold it! AAAARGH!!!

Anyway wouldn't mind putting together another Yo. Just really want to know what to look for, earlier/later, colours, or is it just a case of take what you can get?

Not in a hurry or anything, I'm stuck indoors nursing a broken shoulder from the National downhill race at Fort William a few weeks back, it'll give me something to do!

Some advice from the Yo fans out there would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kinda like a Fat Buyer's Guide? I'd be interested to read about that too.. There are quite a few Fats on here..

I'm no Fat Sage unfortunately, but have you had a look at the FatCogs.com site for starters?

Oh, and welcome to the RetroBike Forum ;)

Apparently one of the main things to check for is rust inside the bottom of the seat tube, particularly on the earlier models (something I didn't know about and didn't check! :oops:) - other than that, check the serial number (reference it to www.fatcogs.com and www.firstflightbikes.com/fat.htm) as there were some "fake" Fats built...

Oh, and good luck in your hunt, and the way prices are going - be prepared to pay when you do find one!

Back