'98 Scott Endorphin FINISHED ! + 1st ride pics

Re:

Thanks,

I might have gone for some Hope racing green ano if it wasn't bloody expensive !

Can't wait to try it out. May go freewheeling up and down the road on it now :facepalm: :facepalm:

Mike

Re:

Finally finished the build this morning, here's a few pictures for you.

Looking forward to riding it very soon, I'll post some trail photos/impressions of it when I do.

Family stuff going on this afternoon :roll:

Hope you like it ;)

Mike

Attachments

• Endorphin finished 4.jpg
    Endorphin finished 4.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 620
  • Endorphin finished 3.jpg
    Endorphin finished 3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 621
  • Endorphin finished 2.jpg
    Endorphin finished 2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 620
  • Endorphin finished !.jpg
    Endorphin finished !.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 620
Re:

That's rubbish!

I was expecting something all lean and race like, with strikingly contrasting colours, some understated quality components and a real minimalist look.

Ah well, each to their own I guess.

Re:

You're right,

It will only leave the house under the cover of darkness, so embarrassed I am about it's blandness !

Thankfully, the fashion police don't patrol this area very often :LOL:

mike

Re:

Had my first ride on the Endo today.

Thought I'd take a pic of the bike before it's first mudblast!

Then up the road climb to the South Downs where the fun starts. Got into riding off-road frame of mind after a month of just commuting :oops:

Then dropped down, out of the cold northerly wind, onto one of my favourite bits of trail where few riders seem to go,

Before crossing a main road and up a long climb, where I felt my lack of fitness :oops:

finally making it to the top, phew!

The bike felt quite light, belying it's just over 11kg weight.

Then along the ridge top in the big ring :cool: partly helped by the wind, onto my favourite singletrack section,

the combination of narrow bars and stiff stem made the steering very direct, even with bouncy forks, nice ;)

Then up a steep little section where you can easily come a cropper if your pedal catches the side of the gulley, but cleared it this time.
After which I had a long fast gravel track that took me down to a farm, where there was more than mud flying off my wheels :shock: oooooh !
Then I saw another rider up ahead, which spurred me on to try and catch him before the top of the hill he was grovelling up :LOL: Got to about 10 metres behind, not too bad as when I saw him I was around 4-500 behind ! Felt better for that, like I was getting, gulp, fit ! :LOL:
Then I rolled home and spent the next hour cleaning the bike and sorting clothes :roll:

Seems to have a mud collecting device too,

All in all, a nice if initially chilly ride though, pleased with the bike, although I've now cut the grips down, as they were a bit long.

Mike

Attachments

• endo first ride 6.jpg
    endo first ride 6.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 587
  • endo first ride 5.jpg
    endo first ride 5.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 588
  • endo first ride 4.jpg
    endo first ride 4.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 588
  • endo first big hill !.jpg
    endo first big hill !.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 588
  • endo first ride 3.jpg
    endo first ride 3.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 588
  • endo first ride 2.jpg
    endo first ride 2.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 588
  • endo first ride.jpg
    endo first ride.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 587
Re:

Ohhhh, seems such a shame to get it all dirty....bbbbwwwahahahahaha, who am I kidding.

Great pictures.

There is nothing better than the first coat of mud on a freshly completed build, most satisfying.

Re:

Thanks Neil, ;)

I do have some SRAM EQUIPPED stickers for it, which I may put on the inside of the stays. Just to taunt those non-believers! :LOL: :LOL:
All nice and clean now, chain oiled and looks cool again :cool:
The softail does something to take the shock out of the ride, as if you're riding on a slow puncture. Also the back end does feel very light. If I'd had the money, I might have put a pair of those Exotic rigid forks on, it would make a great bike even better then I think .

mike

Re:

Thanks for the kind comments. I must admit I'm very pleased with it considering how this project started!
It's great to finally get out and ride it !

Mike

Back