98+ BotM theme suggestions

I liked the less defined category for the 98+ botm, where all kinds of bicycles are going against each other. Imlach won the last one with a mini velo. I wouldn't change it, cut off points are arbitrary and will always be discussed and as GIGFY said, in the rbotm bicycles ranging from prewar to late 90s go against each other with no problem, and a 1983 mtb is very different from a 1997 one.

It has been talked about before. After the move to xenforo the category has changed name IIRC. I asked if it was OK to add entries that weren't MTB and it seemed to be fine. I like that there's a category which isn't narrowed down, also considering the fact that there's a growing trend of bicycles now that don't quite conform to the modern idea of a MTB, or a road bike. Many of these bikes are also rather ambiguous and don't neatly fall into the category of "modern" in aesthetics and build choices, so I think it is a good idea to have it more open to stuff that sort of can't be easily boxed in. A lot of stuff I like is modern but alludes to more classic parts and frame designs.

I suppose everybody gets a medal too?

For shoppers and other dross. Very woke.

Good luck.

It's been clear a for a while.

1722980833690.png

The road section will always have a tussle with retro CX, Track, Cargo, Shoppers, and Hybrids.

The MTB section will always have a tussle with retro Cruisers, Drop Bar builds, BMix 20", Commuters with road slicks and Hybrids.

The BMX section .... well .... just seems to tick along, but I suspect other sites could be more appealing.

Back