98+ BotM theme suggestions

Yes. Called Retrobike. You are worse than me for potentially wanting things swing in your favour.

I stopped myself short proposing a 2001 Ti frame with a period correct XT gruppo theme. So happens I'm building one and will just have to go ahead amongst the sea of 2024 former Team Pro Race disc DI Vx XC whatsits entered.

What is not to like and be optimistic about having some contributions across a big field? Come on THM. Surely we know by now people judge on various merits, and especially here latest would most certainly not automatically equate to and prove greatest. I see no problem. The way the cookie will crumble with the authorities I think will be unmovable so best march on and swallow that gulp of Porto ;)
Nothing to do with prospective entries on my part. Just that things need to move on. Arguably pre 98 only includes 15 ish years of mtb so why not a similar spread post 98? Then a third open catchall category

Just a suggestion.

Yes. Called Retrobike. You are worse than me for potentially wanting things swing in your favour.

I stopped myself short proposing a 2001 Ti frame with a period correct XT gruppo theme. So happens I'm building one and will just have to go ahead amongst the sea of 2024 former Team Pro Race disc DI Vx XC whatsits entered.

What is not to like and be optimistic about having some contributions across a big field? Come on THM. Surely we know by now people judge on various merits, and especially here latest would most certainly not automatically equate to and prove greatest. I see no problem. The way the cookie will crumble with the authorities I think will be unmovable so best march on and swallow that gulp of Porto ;)
Agreed 👍

Statistically speaking, 55% of entrants in the last +98 BotM had an obsolete front derailleur on their bicycle.

We could have alternate months for with / without front derailleur.

Statistically speaking, 55% of entrants in the last +98 BotM had an obsolete front derailleur on their bicycle.

We could have alternate months for with / without front derailleur.
You have far too much time on your hands...... 🔍

• Haha
Reactions: Woz
Nothing to do with prospective entries on my part. Just that things need to move on. Arguably pre 98 only includes 15 ish years of mtb so why not a similar spread post 98? Then a third open catchall category

Just a suggestion.
sounds reasonable.
Bikes pre 2010 are more like late 90ies bikes. Post 2010 and especially present ones are very different.

sounds reasonable.
Bikes pre 2010 are more like late 90ies bikes. Post 2010 and especially present ones are very different.
The up to 1997 rbotm often has pre war and 1990s bikes without issues. That's best part of 60 years and all are viewed as just gorgeous bikes imo.
My point being is I see no need for yet another category. Especially for something that's only running every couple of months.

The discussion is about mountain bikes. (Botm not rbotm) Your point isn’t.

Back