96 Zaskar LE Build

It’s shiny. It’s not perfect but it’s perfectly acceptable. Who hasn’t got a few scars in their late 20’s anyway. I went up a touch with the big GT decal to hide two of four rashes that I couldn’t get out. Hang it up now and see if the forks are dead or not.

Attachments

• IMG_6200.jpeg
    IMG_6200.jpeg
    664.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6253.jpeg
    IMG_6253.jpeg
    607.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6213.jpeg
    IMG_6213.jpeg
    615.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6210.jpeg
    IMG_6210.jpeg
    557.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6206.jpeg
    IMG_6206.jpeg
    527.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6209.jpeg
    IMG_6209.jpeg
    666.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6207.jpeg
    IMG_6207.jpeg
    730.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6203.jpeg
    IMG_6203.jpeg
    503 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6202.jpeg
    IMG_6202.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 28
That's come up lovely, given it's a 96 LE I'm interested to see what you do with it 'cos I've owned the exact same frame, year & size since 1996 when I bought mine new. Although I think they look ace polished mine will forever remain dull as I feel too conspicuous on a polished bike.

These frames look gorgeous with blue bits on them to go with the blue of the stickers, mines got blue Hope hubs, blue bar & blue bar ends on it.

It’s shiny. It’s not perfect but it’s perfectly acceptable. Who hasn’t got a few scars in their late 20’s anyway. I went up a touch with the big GT decal to hide two of four rashes that I couldn’t get out. Hang it up now and see if the forks are dead or not.
That looks great...it is hard work polishing these, but totally worth it! :D 👍

That looks great...it is hard work polishing these, but totally worth it! :D 👍
I quite enjoy it. I reckon I spent about 5 hours doing it maybe with various techniques. I don’t know if they stay shiny but I’m thinking of trying some car paintwork sealant on it. You just spray in by hand and polish after a few minutes from what I remember. I’ve got a bit of RTS frame to test it on anyway 🙂

I quite enjoy it. I reckon I spent about 5 hours doing it maybe with various techniques. I don’t know if they stay shiny but I’m thinking of trying some car paintwork sealant on it. You just spray in by hand and polish after a few minutes from what I remember. I’ve got a bit of RTS frame to test it on anyway 🙂
So, in my experience, they do stay shinyfor a while, but ultimately, naturally begin to oxidise again. (I've done two Zaskars, an American and a GT Strike :) ) But I have found that rather than the labour intensive job to get them shiny in the first place, that they can be maintained by using NevrDull Polish every 3 or 4 months or so..

I apply it and buff with a microfibre cloth - takes about 20mins

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If they are done properly they don’t dull in my experience.

Certainly the ones I’ve got which are still perfect years later. They aren’t ridden though which helps.

Remember that BB wasn’t polished.

If they are done properly they don’t dull in my experience.

Certainly the ones I’ve got which are still perfect years later. They aren’t ridden though which helps.

Remember that BB wasn’t polished.

I’ll be honest I don’t know what the proper method is but here’s what I did anyway.

Washed it
Scothbrite pad andWD40
Wet n dry with soapy water 400> 800>1200
Then mop on drill with cutting compound.
After then I used some chemical guys heavy metal polish with hard>medium>soft applicator pads by hand.
Lastly soft mop on drill and same polish
And clean microfibre towels to finish.

All guesswork! 🤷🏼‍♂️

So, in my experience, they do stay shinyfor a while, but ultimately, naturally begin to oxidise again. (I've done two Zaskars, an American and a GT Strike :) ) But I have found that rather than the labour intensive job to get them shiny in the first place, that they can be maintained by using NevrDull Polish every 3 or 4 months or so..

I apply it and buff with a microfibre cloth - takes about 20mins

‘Nevr Dull’ I could do with some of that for myself never mind the bike.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back