'96 Kili Comp - vintage fun with a new age feel

TomvanHalen

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Really happy with how this turned out, so I thought I'd post it up. Rides lurvely and the fit is perfect.

Found the frameset in my local bike coop for £50, including the OG Ritchey Fuzzy Logic headset, to replace my '97 Koa.

Weighs in at 10.7kg, just needs a narrow-wide ring so I can get rid of all the chain retention guff. On the lookout for an original spec Ritchey stem too because why not.

If I ever get a Cannondale Flash I might restore it, otherwise I'm gonna ride it 'til it falls apart.

wbXPiqdh.jpg

TEVFtNfh.jpg

l56xofuh.jpg

S12Qg12h.jpg

zvd8umIh.jpg

Qo4EDcJh.jpg

bkdZKelh.jpg

Nice build, really like the clean looks of the frame and fork paired with the bright colours of the Magura's :D .

Thanks! Only put it together fully the other day. And to think only a week ago I was considering selling it to fund a poorly-maintained Scalpel money-pit

Ollie":2mbw25ka said:
Nice build, really like the clean looks of the frame and fork paired with the bright colours of the Magura's :D .
What he said.

Will you do something about the rust?

Yeah, especially with the big patches of missing paint, I'm planning to sand back the affected areas and spray on some clearcoat. Will probably bung some rust inhibitor inside the frame too.

Haha, I'll let you know! That Kili Pro project was quite the battle...

Funnily enough after I built it I mocked it up as accurately as I could in BikeCAD and what do you know, the position is identical to a stock Flash 26"

Latest posts

Back