95 Marin Muirwoods - Manitou 4's?

Re: 95 Marin Muirwoods

Went exploring.....lost but kept on going! Worked out well found a decent new loop. First time off Tarmac with the bike and first time for me for over 10 years!
Chuffed it's finally finished off, first go at a retro build, huge thanks to all who helped!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 561

Confidence levels going up and enjoying mucking about in the Marin, put flat bars back on and bar ends, feels proper nice now.....pondering Llandegla before winter lands, is it worth a run down there? Found myself wishing for front shocks at the weekend on some rougher sections though.

Re:

Also any recommendations for shock absorbing bar grips would be great. Post ride pins and needles ain't fun...:currently got odi yeti's on

I use Ritchey WCS foam grips on my Marin's. They look like the originals and are actually pretty good. They're about £8.50 a pair and Halfords have them in their multi-buy sale pretty much every 2 weeks.
Use a bit of hairspray on the bar and inside the grip to get them on easily.

AH1F":3947ryml said:
I use Ritchey WCS foam grips on my Marin's.

Use a bit of hairspray on the bar and inside the grip to get them on easily.

Agree with your choice of grips there as they're really comfortable and look the part but because of the thickness of them, they can sometimes however hinder the downshift on some models of rapidfire shifters if you position them too close.

Doesn't hairspray actually stick them on tight making them harder to remove if you want to swap out the bars?

Hairspray does stick them down but I'm happy with that; I had one slightly rotate/slip/deform on a steep slow descent and for that millisecond I didn't like it at all.

If they weren't as cheap as they are I might think twice about maybe having to cut them off but in all honesty I rarely change out parts (failures mainly) so I'm alright with spending an extra couple of quid now and again.

Pondering......if I decided to bung a bouncy front end instead of the rigid forks what would look good?? Something greyish? Frame has 1" steerer tube and is currently on a threaded headset.....catch is if I went for it I'd only be looking to spend less than £50

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 430
Back