'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Aqua

Tc":zhizc4iy said:
Zasqua no

i do like that one :LOL:

a friend of mine calls it the GT zak-star, but he genuinely thinks thats what its called.... hes a bike technition that i used to run cycle surgery sessions with, so he really has no excuse :facepalm:

Re:19/4/15

Bars and stem have been changed and the handling is improved (it doesn't feel like im taking a hybrid off road like before lol) So they'll do, for now :) ...also got a matching GT bottle and cage from work. heres some pics following last night's test ride;

sean

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Aqua

Ollie":1y1ptimw said:
Like the bar and stem combo, looks really good :) .

Yeah they suit the bike quite nicely, but my minds set on buying better/lighter (and probably modern) bars and stem :)

Sean

Re:

Update :30/4/15:

The RS mags feel so smooth and robust, just like an early version of modern xc forks. i get on with them really well but they are early suspension none the less and i cant get used to how skinny they look on the zaskar :LOL:
Ive replaced the rear cantilever with an XT v brake (used with a v-dapter) it works better than the old m900 canti and a lot easier to set up. the XT thumbie finally failed (im suprised it held out this long, it was f*cked) Ive replaced it with an m739 rapid-fire and the bike now runs an 8 speed :)

Heres a few pics from the trails today

I havent revisited this trail in years... My bike was the '99 FSR, i had a lot of fun on that bike, But i swapped it for a mango stumpy which i didnt really like, and i later sold.

sean

Attachments

• p4pb3965233.jpg
    p4pb3965233.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 523
  • p4pb12180040.jpg
    p4pb12180040.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 523
  • p4pb3965236.jpg
    p4pb3965236.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 523
  • p4pb12180041.jpg
    p4pb12180041.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 523
Re:

Nice pics and I like the fact that you found all your old spots to take the photo's

Admit it though - you carried that bike from place to place before putting it down for the photos didn't you :LOL:

Re: Re:

raidan73":1x93omrx said:
Nice pics and I like the fact that you found all your old spots to take the photo's

Admit it though - you carried that bike from place to place before putting it down for the photos didn't you :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

the two are both in the same spot, just off the main cycle path. i didnt go out of my way to find it :)
usually if im taking pictures for a thread update then i'll take a few shots each time i stop to have a drink. unless im riding past something that would make for a good background (like that rusty crop plow) then i might have to stop and take a picture there. i do enjoy photography though just like i enjoy biking, i guess you could say this is where the two interests come together.

sean

Back