'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re: GT Zaskar Aqua Retromod

was thinking about doing something like this some time ago. Kudos :)

If it were me, I'd go for something like the original picture. Black chainring, skewer nuts and valve caps.

the original 517s or the black x317s look good. Same with the bombers or all the rigid forks.

Re:

Thanks. I couldnt find much out there in the way of larger chainrings for compact cranks like the turbine so i had to make do with what i could find. Although i agree that the raceface one i had looked better, it was 32t and i couldnt get up much speed on it. I do like the turquoise bits, it makes the colour pop out a bit more, but i guess they would be a 'bit much' for some peoples taste

Sean :)

Re:

13/01/2016

okay.... apart from the bombers making a return and the wheels, updates are the the Raceface Evolve DH bars and Azonic Shorty stem. They make it much easier to flick the bike around, which is fun, but when im riding while standing the shorter stem does make it feel like all my bodyweight is over the front wheel.

bit heavy on the pics but nevermind, will post the spec and weight upon completion :)

22 this month...

went for a quick blast around the woods which is fun this time of year, but splashback arent exactly what id call grippy in the wet stuff :LOL:

Re: GT Zaskar Aqua Retromod: Update page 19

Brilliant! Is this your 'daily' ride then?

Never liked the bombers on mine, always felt a bit heavy up front :/

Re:

Not daily but i try to get out and ride once a week. The z2 superfly i got only weighs 3.4ibs because its such a simple fork, but the z1 was a lot heavier

Sean

Re:

That'll be it then, mine where the big old orange Z1's, loved the look but never really got on with them.

Bike looks awesome either way, I think the anodised blue must be the best finish on the Zaskar.

Re:

Yeah i remember, The orange bombers looked good against your polished frame. I think my two favourite colours are the turquoise and the ink blue, I doubt i'll ever see an anodised black one

Sean

Latest posts

Back