'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re:

Update:

-Im probably going to be riding on the road most of the time so i wanted a lightweight rigid fork, im keeping the bombers as well but ive bought a pair of pace rc31. they weigh something silly like 700grams but they're also suspension corrected. i bought an older/cheaper 420mm version to see if i like them (which i do) so i might buy a new 440mm pair which would match the a-c of the marzocchi fork.

-The handlebars have been swapped for a ritchey wcs carbon riser because the superlogic was too low rise for use with rigid forks. Not sure i like em but they will do for now.

-Ive also changed the wheels, hubs are hope ti glide rear with a fatso up front, and laced on mavic x517 citrus colour rims. really, i didnt need a new pair of wheels but i saw them on ebay, and yeah i guess you could call them an impulse buy lol. but matching Hope titanium hubs in black are rare and you dont see them very often, plus i just love the sound the rear freehub makes so i had to have em :LOL: the colour of the rims is probably a bit love or hate, and im not sure they suit the colour of the frame but i love em, they're bold and i think they look great.

Re:

Still looks awesome mate :)

However, I think some wider tyres would be better suited, the old panaracers look quite skinny which i think is more noticable now that youve gone rigid. A modern 2.1" tyre would make them look more like a 1.9"

Re:

stuckinthenineties":392nwa59 said:
Still looks awesome mate :)

However, I think some wider tyres would be better suited, the old panaracers look quite skinny which i think is more noticable now that youve gone rigid. A modern 2.1" tyre would make them look more like a 1.9"

I was thinking the same thing, but If i make the bike more retromod then i wanna make sure i do it tastefully. The tyres really, are the only thing keeping it looking retro

Sean

Re:

i think i prefer the way it was before dude, liking those hubs but imo the rims just dont go. Also i prefer it with bombers poking out the front! :cool:

chris

Re: Re:

Member 10502":m01rpf3s said:
i think i prefer the way it was before dude, liking those hubs but imo the rims just dont go. Also i prefer it with bombers poking out the front! :cool:

chris

The bombers havent gone anywhere, im keeping them so i can have a rigid and a suspension option, But i doubt i'll ride many trails now so it may as well be rigid and save some weight. I think if its going to have rigid forks then they need to be more suspension corrected (i have my eye on a newer pair of rc31) i have a wider pair of tyres as well now. I do like the rims, the flash on my camera makes them look more intense than they do in person

Can one of the mods move this thread to the 1998-> section please? This bikes probably getting too modern to be of much interest to anyone on the pre 97 forum

Sean

stuckinthenineties":6lduw441 said:
i think the wider tyres make a world of difference, looks like a proper rigid mtb now :cool:

Well ive just bought another pair of charge splashbacks (2.1"), they seemed like the best of both worlds but on a budget (blindly spending £90 on a pair of Onza Canis didnt strike me as a great idea) so these were a cheap alternative

i had a 1.8" pair of these fitted to this bike before (see page 1) ...i really didnt think much of them last time, the sidewalls were thin and they didnt last very long. i replaced them with IRC's but those were far too narrow. this time im not expecting em to last forever, i think i prefer cheaper rubber i can 'do skids on' anyway :LOL: For less than 20 quid, i can't complain

Attachments

• p5pb12792302.jpg
    p5pb12792302.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 793

shedobits":1x282i5f said:
Your bike just keeps getting better.

How did you debadge the tyres BTW?
Thanks, its almost finished :)

to debadge the tyres i scored up the logo's i want to hide with a soft sanding block (very lightly because you dont want to damage the sidewalls) then paint over whats left of them with matt black spray paint (flexible paint if you can find it) then i coat the whole of the sidewall in tyre black that you can buy in car shops, to disguise it. you can dab it on with a sponge.

i did these Crossmarks over a year ago and you still wouldnt be able to tell that the logo's were there

Sean

Latest posts

Back