'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re:

Just found this thread, what a great build. If it wasn't for the rim brakes it would pass for a modern bike. Best of all you ride it. Gotta like retromod. BTW what size are the tops?

Re: Re:

shedobits":1c96rcu9 said:
Just found this thread, what a great build. If it wasn't for the rim brakes it would pass for a modern bike. Best of all you ride it. Gotta like retromod. BTW what size are the tops?
thanks, i think the zaskars have just aged well. Most of the parts are '93-'98 era but it does wear the modern parts nicely. I think some newer control parts make all the difference...

The short sleeve is a medium and the long sleeve is a large. I can get measurements if needed?

Sean

Re:

i saw you mention you restored those gorgeous superfly forks yourself, how long did they take and have you got any resto pictures? i bought a pair of x-fly in about 2000/1, i think they was the later version of yours with a disk mount. im hoping i still have them in the loft, because seeing yours has made me want to get them rebuilt :)

david

stuckinthenineties":q24s6sqs said:
i saw you mention you restored those gorgeous superfly forks yourself, how long did they take and have you got any resto pictures? i bought a pair of x-fly in about 2000/1, i think they was the later version of yours with a disk mount. im hoping i still have them in the loft, because seeing yours has made me want to get them rebuilt :)

david

hi david

they took nearly 3 months with the help and advice from some of the guys on here, i only intended to tidy them up but it turned into a full rebuild lol. They cost me £20 so as you could imagine they were in terrible condition and corroded all over,
you can find the restoration with pictures here -> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=324080

Sean

SEANSTEPHENS":1b8f475q said:
stuckinthenineties":1b8f475q said:

david

hi david

they took nearly 3 months with the help and advice from some of the guys on here, i only intended to tidy them up but it turned into a full rebuild lol. They cost me £20 so as you could imagine they were in terrible condition and corroded all over,

Sean
just finished reading through all of that (took a while i must say!) an impressive transformation though, good job :)

ps. Whats your total spend? And you wanna do mine for me? :LOL:

stuckinthenineties":2j9nsv1f said:
SEANSTEPHENS":2j9nsv1f said:
stuckinthenineties":2j9nsv1f said:

david

hi david

Sean
just finished reading through all of that (took a while i must say!) an impressive transformation though, good job :)

ps. Whats your total spend? And you wanna do mine for me? :LOL:

...i reckon i spent around £220 including the initial purchase price. Not sure i ever wanna work on a bomber again tho :LOL:

SEANSTEPHENS":3jqwmomx said:
...i reckon i spent around £220 including the initial purchase price. Not sure i ever wanna work on a bomber again tho :LOL:
they're quite straight forward to work on though are they?

stuckinthenineties":1tctvahh said:
SEANSTEPHENS":1tctvahh said:
they're quite straight forward to work on though are they?
yeah they're quite simple, mine especially because they got no rebound, lockout etc. but they became quite a challenge due to them being quite scruffy, i think I underestimated how much work they would take

Sean

Re:

Sean, i still got those wcs carbon bars going spare if you want them? Im up by aztec west all next week so let me know.

Chris

Back