93-94 Dave Yates Donkis Nob

Re: Re:

NeilM":2uiw7odf said:
I have somehow managed to miss this build almost completely, but what a wonderful result.

I always buy or reject frames based on the reach. I have several frames that have short seat tubes, but long top tubes, so what you have with your DONKIS is pretty typical for the period.

My experience of Dave's work is that you will have a really competent and fun bike, he seems to be able to work a little of his sense of humour into all his bikes, they certainly make me smile when I ride them (although, it could be wind). I look forward to reading a ride report.
Yeah reach is a constant problem, retro bikes tend to come with mahoosively long stems :LOL:
I'm really looking forward to getting out on this one, just need to finish setting up the brakes and sort the decals out if I can. Will be sure to update the thread with first ride pic's/impressions when I can.

Re:

I really should've got this one finished and ridden by now but work etc has been really busy and bikes have had to take a bit of a back seat.
However I finally found the time to get in touch with Gil to get the decals sorted and they arrived this week (as usual they are spot on BTW). I decided to go back to the older style "M Steel" versions as I prefer the look and also to match the chainstay decals (which oddly enough are the only ones under the lacquer). A bit of messing about with Word revealed the font for the toptube decals and I reckon the outcome is pretty good. I've removed the decals from the forks (as I reckon they cheapened the look a bit) but have some Dave Yates ones which I'm considering fitting.
Also fitted some NOS Sachs Powergrip Extreme grips to finish the Quarz theme and add a bit of comfort over the thin Wavey grips I had fitted previously. :D

Attachments

• Powergrip Extreme.jpg
    Powergrip Extreme.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 556
  • New Decals 2.jpg
    New Decals 2.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 556
  • New Decals 1.jpg
    New Decals 1.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 556
Re:

Lovely job mate. I've been looking forward to seeing this finished and it doesn't disappoint :cool:

Re: Re:

raidan73":1t7oalpw said:
Lovely job mate. I've been looking forward to seeing this finished and it doesn't disappoint :cool:
Cheers, think it looks much better with this style decal. Still not 100% finished as still need to setup those pesky Quarz brakes!

Right out of the park again Col!
argie.gif

xxnick1975":3hd0fuo4 said:
Lovely bike and attention to detail, I hope you get a lot of riding out of this bike, it and you deserve it!
Thanks, the devil's in the detail as they say :twisted: . I will do my best to get it ready for riding soon and get some better pic's posted.

That looks brilliant mate!
Another fine looking machine in your stable :) Job well done, for sure.
Enjoy the ride and update with your ride impressions when done.
Hopefully I will get to see it on a ride soon.
Jamie

Jamiedyer":of881tdt said:
That looks brilliant mate!
Another fine looking machine in your stable :) Job well done, for sure.
Enjoy the ride and update with your ride impressions when done.
Hopefully I will get to see it on a ride soon.
Jamie
Cheers Jamie, it'll be making an outing at one of the rides soon enough ;) .

Back