93-94 Dave Yates Donkis Nob

Re:

Cheers guys :D . Will be saving this one for the better weather, It's too pretty to get all mucky :LOL: But it will be making an outing on a ride this year at some point.
I tried to get replacement decals for it from Yates but hit a bit of a wall when the frame number and dimensions I gave them didn't match their records, which set me back a bit (need to contact them again and see if I can convince them I'm not a chancer).

Attachments

• Almost done 4.jpg
    Almost done 4.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 528
  • Almost done 3.jpg
    Almost done 3.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 528
Re:

Lovely mate. I regret not going for that a bit. Glad it went to a good home

Re: Re:

raidan73":3177g1qe said:
Lovely mate. I regret not going for that a bit. Glad it went to a good home
Well I'm glad you didn't go for it :LOL:
I considered fitting the Velocity stem you sold me but think I'll stick with the Tioga one I've got on it. The toptube is pretty long (and i'm not) so needed a short stem with quite a bit of rise to make it rideable. You've got my vote in BoTY BTW :cool:

Re:

Cracking job you've done on that build! :cool:

Obviously very patient too, waiting for the right parts to appear. Hope it rides as well as it looks mate ;)

Mike

Re:

I'm not the tallest either and these bikes rarely crop up in the smaller sizes. I might be biased but I always think they look better in 17" or smaller. Thanks for the vote :) - not that I think I have a hope in hell when I look at the shortlist!

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2wg9g4r3 said:
Cracking job you've done on that build! :cool:

Obviously very patient too, waiting for the right parts to appear. Hope it rides as well as it looks mate ;)

Mike
Cheers Mike, it tested my patience a bit finding the Sachs bits but worth it for the final package :D

Re:

Look forward to first ride pictures mate, in good weather obviously, so probably at least 4 months away! :LOL:

Mike

Looks great. Totally understand where you are coming from with the stem.

Amazing to see all that Sachs, how refreshing

Re:

I have somehow managed to miss this build almost completely, but what a wonderful result.

I always buy or reject frames based on the reach. I have several frames that have short seat tubes, but long top tubes, so what you have with your DONKIS is pretty typical for the period.

My experience of Dave's work is that you will have a really competent and fun bike, he seems to be able to work a little of his sense of humour into all his bikes, they certainly make me smile when I ride them (although, it could be wind). I look forward to reading a ride report.

xxnick1975":37uhl91c said:
Looks great. Totally understand where you are coming from with the stem.
Amazing to see all that Sachs, how refreshing
Yeah my days of the stretched out racer position are long gone. It does seem particulary low at the front end to some other bikes I've got but the high rise Tioga stem takes care of it. I bought the Sachs hubs new in 96 and slowly gathered the rest of the groupset, it's a bit different and fits the custom nature of the frameset I think.

Back