91 Team Marin...all road tourer?!

Still waiting for my seatpost...should have been here end of last week.....grrŕrrrrrrr.

Annoying as i need it to set the saddle up, so i can work out the stem length.

In other news, thought I had a lead on some nice levers, but that didn't work out quite as planned either.....but that's another story.

Frustrating....and a good reason to hoard parts! If you have your own supply...this doesn't happen. 🤣

Seatpost came! Yay!

Go to love a bit of No. 22 on the table.

Should remove some of those pesky vibrations....plus its just 215g....not that thats an issue!

Now i can start getting some measurements for the stem....

Attachments

• 20240701_115925.jpg
    20240701_115925.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240701_115946.jpg
    20240701_115946.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 9
Forward and reverse at the same time....found a 735 mech, put it on...all good.

Then decided to definitely go for xt v brake levers and m737 8 speed rapid fire shifters......over xc thumbies. I know the xc was more retro, but it pains me to say it the rapid fire shifters are easier to use, especially when hopping up and down gears a lot.

Once they were on, the m735 mech looked a bit lost....so ive gone back to the m750!🤣

Well, i did say these things gain their own gravity field for parts!

In other news...I finally decided on a stem design/measurement/ angle and have set the drawing over to gav @August Bicycles . Hes also building the stem for my 92 team bike at the same time.

Been a while but some progress...so into the final stages.

Gav @August Bicycles finished my 2 custom stems a couple of weeks back. Lovely job...nice fillet brazing...spot on. Nice to see some real craft these days.

20240829_100114.jpg

They came back from powdercoating yesterday with a few other bits, including some horrible state azonic bars, which now look good as new.

20240907_100330.jpg

Just awaiting the new stem bolts to come, now I've been able to measure the finshed articles....

Back