90's LOOK clip-in pedals - compatibility

sherlylock

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I've got a set of LOOK PP66 pedals from the early nineties that I'd like to renovate/start using - but I need shoes/cleats.

W3NvVLCm.jpg

Anyone using LOOK pedals this old and if so what cleats are compatible? As far as I can tell there are two main types of LOOK cleats - Delta and Keo. I'm guessing Delta are the right ones to buy?

Advise appreciated. Cheers!

I can't help you with your query, but I have a pair of cosmetically tatty Look ARC P156 pedals that are karma to anyone who can use them.

I just took this picture from stuff in my spares box

These are the original look delta cleats

black fixed
grey 4.5 degrees float
red 9 degrees float

Later and still available are the following:
LOOK BI-MATERIAL DELTA CLEAT (OLD-STYLE LOOK PEDALS)
Genuine Look Delta cleats with fixing bolts and washers.
They now come in a new bi-material version.
The bi-material cleat is available on both floating (red) and non-floating version (black).

These cleats should still fit all shoes for 3 hole look style holes (Delta, new Keo or even Shimano)

Attachments

• WP_20190226_16_03_20_Proa.jpg
    WP_20190226_16_03_20_Proa.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 300
Good knowledge there - cheers guys, very helpful. Hadn't even considered there would be float (presumably to allow your foot to rotate to a certain degree before disengaging?).

Not ridden with cleats before so all a bit new to me.....

kingoffootball":6cofwayk said:
I can't help you with your query, but I have a pair of cosmetically tatty Look ARC P156 pedals that are karma to anyone who can use them.

Be interested in those if still available? :)

sherlylock":1sjgnjbl said:
Good knowledge there - cheers guys, very helpful. Hadn't even considered there would be float (presumably to allow your foot to rotate to a certain degree before disengaging?).

Not ridden with cleats before so all a bit new to me.....

kingoffootball":1sjgnjbl said:

Be interested in those if still available? :)

They're available. I thought I had a photo somewhere, but I can't currently find it.

Oh, here we go:
QfAoHvXiBmTjiS9eu4EEy7uPUrqfQMXseJ4ZpNBqyE-TTG5Ixw8d-9L4AeO7J42UPzxYWvwuSDgA=w1187-h890-no

N8DN-1wBNwUyl2_j4EVQsThE0-oIUz7HAvW1HeITcpw9hIFcZqgdyzVTc_1YmbVDZiNywrhlcqNb=w1187-h890-no

CXs4JKy5gaw2StMflBDa0D1YURyMH3wuqG5cMeI2zEqdD6eG4l9mZ73HCV1ZOm2VZZuWQs9-2P6X=w1187-h890-no

If you'd like them, let me know your address and I'll get them posted off - though it may not be until Saturday, depending on how busy I am with work.

Back