9 speed thumbies - best option?

the Rivendel versions seem to offer the most flexibility in terms of mounting style - will probably pony up for those if I go down that route

love the Paul stuff (not just thumbies - love levers, some of the brakes are awesome also) but just think its kind of madly over priced (over here at least) - maybe I'm just being too scottish 😁

Does anyone know if campy 10 speed bar ends have the same indexing as Campy 10 speed STIs?
If yes, then you can run a shimergo set-up with a 9-speed Shimmy/SRAM cassette and 10-sp Campy bar ends.
Gives you more options than just DA bar ends, and a lot of DAs that I've seen have been used to death.

I also remember seeing a hack where a bar-end style shifter is mounted straight onto a non-STI brake lever, without any Paul-style adapters. Requires a bit of creative drilling and filing. Can't find the article right now though.

Update:
Ghetto-shift!

And Shimergo solution that works like a dream.

thanks for the low down on your experience @Betsy - appreciated 👍

assuming when you refer to DA mounts you mean the Jtek ones SJS sell?

No bother

Yes, the ones i posted in the link

Also worth noting.. when I come to change down from the large chainring to the middle.. I can’t reach the shifter, even with a finger so again, have to take my hand away from the grip to change down.. rapid changes are just a pipe dream but they’re a pleasure to use other than previously mentioned issues.. they’re probably better suited to the tourer posted on pg1.

I also remember seeing a hack where a bar-end style shifter is mounted straight onto a non-STI brake lever, without any Paul-style adapters. Requires a bit of creative drilling and filing. Can't find the article right now though.

thats interesting...the actual shifter mount would likely be fairly straightforward - its just a square boss with an M5 tapped hole in the middle - grab an old set of clamp ons and file/grind the clamp off... reckon it would be the attachment of the cable stop that might be more difficult

Latest posts

Back