8Freight Cargo bike - restoration / project

any chance of a bit of clean up inside the freebody? It looks like the outer bearing seal (not really a seal but I can't remember what the pressed bit of metal is called) is there but pushed right down to sit on the race, you should be able to pop that out with a screwdriver and a bit of gentle persuasive levering through the inner hole. there will then be a bearing race with 2 slots in the top edge.

Reactions: Woz
me too actual. I shall takes a looks.

Good - because I went in the attic and found out I had a UG/HG freehub assembly, not the STX-RC compact drive, which I think now is on bike in an other country :rolleyes:

It's a terrible terrible experience going in the attic and then looking through the mountains of freezer bags full of shit.

1688563128594.png

@Joe_Rides : Your freehub just appears to be a later 7 speed compact drive with the dustcover and outboard bearings removed to fix that widget whatsit.

@Joe_Rides : Your freehub just appears to be a later 7 speed compact drive with the dustcover and outboard bearings removed to fix that widget whatsit.
Dust cover, that's a better name for it. lol. I think it's still there just pushed down (it a large centre hole type)

yer, I have to agree, the more I look the more I'm thinking that. not near the workshop right now to look.

I had a sneaky feeling this might be the case but didn't know how to convey it in words. You nailed it Woz!

Will have a look when I get chance.

Very grateful for everyone's ongoing input with this 🤘

Sorry, got home, got screamed at for failing to pick a ******* colour to paint the wall, apparantly "these are the 6" doesn't mean "we are choosing from these 6". If I get chance I'll look what's in the workshop, but I'm not going in the loft.

8 speed freebody I have sat in the garage. No dust cap. You might need to space put the mech hanger for a wider body l.

Given the rather clever way of of connect it, I reckon with a bit if patience you could fit any freebody with a female connector.

Attachments

• 20230705_181102.jpg
    20230705_181102.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230705_181112.jpg
    20230705_181112.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back