'87 Cannondale (or should I say "Haringdale"?)

Can't believe you're selling it, it is so stunning. Problem I have when they're perfect like that, is actually riding them. Hope you've got a nice project in mind to share on here.

Okay, so there have been some developments/changes which I think warrant an update...

After quite a bit of consideration I decided to use the crank for my new Funk build which not only means changing the spindle length back to the original 127mm (another thread!) but I'd need to find a replacement for this bike.

According to the '87 Cannondale catalog an SM900 uses a Sugino "TAP" crank but I couldn't find anything online, so I'm of the opinion that's it's a typo and this SM900 (see photo) has an "AP" crank.
Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 18.03.37.png $_57 (1).JPG $_57 (9).JPG

Last edited:
After quite a wait I found this NOS beauty in Greece. The date stamp (H-6) indicates it was made in June 1988, which is a little late but I think it's close enough ;) IMG_5484.jpg IMG_5486.jpg IMG_5485.jpg

The catalog doesn't give details on the BB but I did spy a Suntour Vx lurking in this shot... $_57 (7).JPG

Now all I need now is the propriety spanner to put it in with...

I know I could probably use something else but if any of you have one of these for sale, please let me know. If you look closely the box in the background is full of them!

s_l1000_6f492956573a0a4625ed21bc7bda1a8af07fffaf.jpg

Dedication to the end, as always Caspar. Love it 😎

The crank didn't come with any dust caps and the ebay prices are mental, so the plan is to go for some period Sugino Autex self-extracting bolts instead as believe it or not the prices are similar:oops:. Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 19.08.32.png

Back