'87 Cannondale (or should I say "Haringdale"?)

Re:

Was it easy to remove the cable thingies and put them back on?

Attachments

• img0098.jpg
    img0098.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 677
Re: Re:

ez054098":3m5twabq said:
Was it easy to remove the cable thingies and put them back on?
Unfortunately the ones that came with the frame had been cut off and were unusable. Luckily I found some NOS ones in Australia after months of searching on line; here

If you want to remove yours, the safest way to do it is to tap the two pins through (into the top tube), which should then allow you to pull the guide out. You'll then need to remove the fork as that's the only way to get the six loose pins out.

Re:

OCD getting any better now you're done Caspar? :D

One of the years best build threads IMO ...stunning. :cool:

Re: Re:

Antstark":1yrwtfii said:
OCD getting any better now you're done Caspar? :D
Unfortunately, it's incurable! Just going to have to find something else to do now with my time now.... :facepalm: .

Did around 30miles yesterday and she ran really well.

Things to change? Maybe I think I should have gone for a 48/38/26 combo up front as I think I've geared it a bit low and I haven't used platforms for 20+ years, so they'll be going. I've already made a start on toe clips and straps courtesy of Klasse but I need to find a pair of XC Compe pedals at the right price.

However, the biggest issue is the length of the Bullseye spindle as I can't use the granny ring and get a safe clearance on the chainstay. I've measured up and I think I'm going to need to lengthen it by 13mm; I'll keep you posted on its modification.

Re:

They've been along time coming but I finally put these on last night; XC Comp pedals, Specialized Mountainclips, NOS straps and Tioga Hot Tips :cool:. XC Comp pedals, Specialized clips, straps & Tioga Hot Tips.JPG

Last edited:
Back