35th Anniversary of the sport

Could we perhaps have a sperate thread of what people are doing/have done over the next 2 or 3 days?

Rather shockingly I don't have a bike running just now. Rather short sighted culling and beginning to upgrade and rebuild have left me stationary. The best I could do is sit on a bike in the house, kind of balancing myself against a wall :oops:

Happy birthday Mountain Biking! Woo hooo! I'm the first one (purely because of my dedication to MTB and not because I've been painting the kitchen).

Cheers everybody! Here's to another 35! :)

petitpal":2clhgacx said:
Happy birthday Mountain Biking! Woo hooo! I'm the first one (purely because of my dedication to MTB and not because I've been painting the kitchen).

It's only 7:45 pm here on the west coast of the US....still the 20th.....

Ductape":2oj175em said:
petitpal":2oj175em said:

It's only 7:45 pm here on the west coast of the US....still the 20th.....

That's ok, it's still October 1992 in parts of the UK ;)

lol

happy birthday MTB er's

going night riding at glentress on my klunk tonight
will take the carbon missile along too

cant wait

Happy Birthday to everyone that was involved in that first race, especially you Charlie for keeping the memories alive and public.

scooderdude":cs8qc8rk said:
I have to give thanks to Alan Bonds for inspiration for the bike. It was originally built as a Larkspur Canyon bomber analog using a Morrow coaster rear hub and Suzue BMX hub up front sans brake. I used AB's website as my cookbook to build it, changing a few things along the way.

By the way scooderdude, you haven't got any more details pics of the bike have you? Love to see some more of it, beautiful looking thing. :)

petitpal":3uxtahbg said:
scooderdude":3uxtahbg said:
I have to give thanks to Alan Bonds for inspiration for the bike. It was originally built as a Larkspur Canyon bomber analog using a Morrow coaster rear hub and Suzue BMX hub up front sans brake. I used AB's website as my cookbook to build it, changing a few things along the way.

By the way scooderdude, you haven't got any more details pics of the bike have you? Love to see some more of it, beautiful looking thing. :)

Scooders bike is on AB's website.....

So What happened this morning up on the Repack? Rumpfy? CK?
Pictures or it didn't happen!

Had an absolute BLAST at Repack this morning. We were the first guys up, and there were two Rangers already there. but they were very nice guys. Another Ranger drove up a little later, and there was one standing part way down and one at the bottom-no Radar guns, though! A lot of great bikes and great people, definitely one for the memory banks. Because of the Rangers, everybody trickled off at slightly different times, and there was no real official competition between Rumpfy and CK. I believe Eric took off first, then CK and a few others awhile later-So we'll call it a draw, or a no contest. The real winners were all the guys who made it to the top this morning! Pat

Attachments

• Groupshot 1.jpg
    Groupshot 1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 3,902
  • ViewFromTheTop.jpg
    ViewFromTheTop.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3,902
  • Pat+Breezer#5.jpg
    Pat+Breezer#5.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 3,902
  • Nice Ritchey.jpg
    Nice Ritchey.jpg