26er Cargo Bike Build

L-Painter

Dirt Disciple
Winter is approaching and looking to work on a new build whilst its so damp!

I've wanted a cargo bike for a long time, being able to take the dog on rides and head out in the woods with him would be ideal! I've seen a lot of these modifications crop up with a surly 29er fork added to older 26er frames that make the cargo build a lot cheaper. Also if he hates it I havent lost £1000+ on a proper cargo bike.

Wanted to see if anyone else has attempted this modification and if anyone has an 26er steel frames with1 1/8 head tubes?

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 11
Interesting, How does it handle? Have you ridden it with a load?
I havent had a chance to ride one. I have only seen Seabass Cycles in Peckham and a welder in Holland put them together. But they have build a fair few of them as people seem to like the cheaper alternative. Ill try find the persons blog who rides this bike I shared. I saw that she has recently done some endurance cycles races on the cargo bike and seems to love it.

From memory it's a surly 29er fork with a 468mm crown to axles length that gets the bike close to its original geometry.

I havent had a chance to ride one. I have only seen Seabass Cycles in Peckham and a welder in Holland put them together. But they have build a fair few of them as people seem to like the cheaper alternative. Ill try find the persons blog who rides this bike I shared. I saw that she has recently done some endurance cycles races on the cargo bike and seems to love it.

From memory it's a surly 29er fork with a 468mm crown to axles length that gets the bike close to its original geometry.
They do look like fun, like a reverse mullet! I guess if the fork is the right length handling will remain much the same.

Back