26" wheel frame sould you give away

aCeMadMod

Dirt Disciple
hi all in wheels 26" i own them all Dh bikes but this time it has to go
what best way to them to go or them have new parts

sould i just give them away alot are good bikes

thank you

You always get more by splitting. However you will end up with a box of some unsold parts (typically stems and 31.8 top pull LX front mechs) and will of course have to go through the hassle of listing and posting all those bits.

After selling the cream of my collection(To help fund an Ebike) I was left with 3 frames, inc Orange and a kona sus, 2 pairs of wheels, about 5 sets of rims, plus brakes, bars,stems,mechs and all the other bits you gather, i took the plunge and decided to donate it all to a SMALL bike charity- The type that doesn't get heavily funded.
Sure I could have made quite a few hundred,maybe even a thou' but when it comes down to it I'd rather it went to a Bums on Saddles place and tbh i felt better for it.
I have worked for bike charities and some of the stuff ive seen donated was worth considerable sums. Rourke TT full campagnolo to name one.

My advice is as above. Strip off everything you think will make some money,Ebay-gumtree/snips- as a nest egg maybe for something else, and donate the rest.

dyna-ti":okb08o5n said:
After selling the cream of my collection(To help fund an Ebike) I was left with 3 frames, inc Orange and a kona sus, 2 pairs of wheels, about 5 sets of rims, plus brakes, bars,stems,mechs and all the other bits you gather, i took the plunge and decided to donate it all to a SMALL bike charity- The type that doesn't get heavily funded.
Sure I could have made quite a few hundred,maybe even a thou' but when it comes down to it I'd rather it went to a Bums on Saddles place and tbh i felt better for it.
I have worked for bike charities and some of the stuff ive seen donated was worth considerable sums. Rourke TT full campagnolo to name one.

My advice is as above. Strip off everything you think will make some money,Ebay-gumtree/snips- as a nest egg maybe for something else, and donate the rest.

Well said, that man...

Back