22mm chain stay disc brake adapter

nanoseth

Retro Newbie
Hi all,
To anyone interested I work with a laser and fabrication shop in Denver, CO. I had someone suggest this forum might appreciate the adapter we just started making that converts the older 22mm chain stay mount pattern to IS. It works for all the Trek, GF, Klein, Schwinn and Jamis bikes that have this same 22mm mount pattern on the chain stay. It is designed to work with 160mm rotors and is a simple, one part, bolt on solution. I am attaching pictures for you to see its functionality.

Attachments

• front view.JPG
    front view.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 4,289
  • back view.JPG
    back view.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 4,286
  • rear view.JPG
    rear view.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 4,285
  • top view.JPG
    top view.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 4,286
I saw some people talking about something like this on the MTBR site a while back.

I'd be interested in an IS mount rather than the 'post' version you have pictured.

Got any more details?

We have had a few requests for the other style mounting pattern adn have thought about it but haven't persued it since this one seems to work well. I suppose if enough people want it we could make some.

I guess the next question then is how much?

(I'm in Australia, not the UK)

ta

22mm disc brake adapter

Hi there, sorry it took me a couple of days to get back to you. We are selling them for $25 plus shipping which will be about $15 USD to get the adapter to you in Australia. I can send an invoice via paypal for you if you would like one.

Thanks,
Seth
B&S Fabrication

I like the look of this
If i were to send you a pic of my stays/dropouts,do you think you could see if one of your adaptors would fit.
Cheers
I'll drop you a PM about it ,with some pics

:cool: great idea

22mm disc brake mount adapter

Sure, I can a look at it. I believe the bikes that had this 22mm bolt pattern were symetrical about the rear drop out, or axle. Which puts the caliper in the same place in relation to the rotor.

Nanoseth, I've seen your postings on a few different forums; do you still offer these adapters? I have a 1999 Klein Mantra. Thank you.

Back