2025 specialized chisel fs

racefaceec90

Devout Dirtbag
i have wanted to get another fs bike at some point (my last fs bike was a 2010 giant anthem x2 which was great but i ended up selling it towards a charge duster bike).

am 49 now and have been feeling the bumps a lot more nowadays even on the k & a canal towpath so wanted to get another fs bike again because of this (and love riding fs bikes anyhoo that i had).

i didn't want a lot of travel as i live in devizes and ride places like the marlbrough downs/ salisbury plain and the k & a towpath (also the road) basically a bit of everything.

saw reports/reviews of the new chisel fs bike online and it def interested me as it was a short travel bike but was actually reasonably priced (as opposed to the cost of a new car etc lol). my local/favourite bike shop also is a specialized dealer.

anyhoo i picked up the bike on monday and i loves it i have to say (this is my first 29" wheeled bike along with 12 speed and dropper post and modern geometry).

i did a short bike video the following day whilst up on salisbury plain near earlstoke.

the bike weighs about 30 lbs (small size) at a guess so not light but you don't feel it when riding, it feels fine on the road also with the rear shock switched to pro-pedal mode suspension works fine but you don't feel like you are loosing any power either. the bike just fits us like a glove so to speak. i definitely do plan on upgrading things on it once i have finished paying it off but all the components feel fine to me so far.

all in all i love the bike i have to say (and the colour is just like chipps dekerf smokey bacon crisp packet but with added glitter :-D

Cool, let us know how you get on with it. I've been looking at the frame only option, it ticks all my boxes, even the fruit salad paint job.

Back