2014-01-19 Strathpuffer Aftermath

Amazing effort riding that monster bike. Looked like a lot of suffering....and fun :cool: the beard is a good disguise :LOL:

Was very nice to get a lie in today, great effort by all Involved, I really enjoyed being part of it. Especially the hilltop heckling. I might not walk the course next year with a bike though.... although going by the vids Kaiser seemed to enjoy doing that. :)

The Ken":g0zursw4 said:
...I might not walk the course next year with a bike though...

You'd be amazed at the amount of people doing just that in the small hours. People with gears and suspension.

I'm a shameless walker. It's part of my strategy of energy conservation.

But Jamie took this to a whole new level -sitting! I hadn't thought of that.

puffer37 by DotsPix, on Flickr

epicyclo":yaonczcz said:
The Ken":yaonczcz said:

You'd be amazed at the amount of people doing just that in the small hours. People with gears and suspension.

Jetboil, tea,sugar, milk - SORTED!

epicyclo":3iqm0f6v said:
The Ken":3iqm0f6v said:

Looks like he is rolling one up! :LOL:

It was a 'chilled' ride FFTC ;)

I did have a few issues, mechanically and the rear hub sticking/starting to seize up didn't help, especially when I was already way overgeared and that was after adding four teeth to my usual rear gearing.
I also had a family issue near the midway piont that took some time and mentally sort of took me away.

Jamie

Kaiser and Brian were the men of the match for sure.
Myself, well, I certainly didn't acheive anywhere near what I wanted or what I was capable of doing. I must admit though that I was underprepared, and I knew it beforehand as I hadn't had time for much preperation in the weeks leading up to it other than riding the course and getting one night out to try my lights.
Next year I'll be back, stronger, faster, lighter, we have the technology ;)

I might even grow my beard back, I had one for around 12 years or so and it seems the fast macretro's are bearded up.
Where I come from theres a name for people without beards........women ;)

Jamie

Back