1998 Turner Afterburner.

Think the late 90's Kona Stab (and Stinkies?) had a seatstay mounted link not a chainstay horst link. The Kona Misser replica's though have the horst link which i assume marks them as being made in the USA by Turner.

Also have a DDG Superstrad saddle (think sofa) which needs recovering for the Afterburner.

Correct. Before some folks get things twisted, the full story is on my thread here. It's a long read ;)

This, as the poster says, is a later 98 model with plenty of visible and not so visible enhancements to the Mark1/2 of the Misser replica.

Looking forward to seeing it come together!

Correct. Before some folks get things twisted, the full story is on my thread here. It's a long read ;)

This, as the poster says, is a later 98 model with plenty of visible and not so visible enhancements to the Mark1/2 of the Misser replica.

Looking forward to seeing it come together!
Here is picture of the serial number stamped in to the bb. Much later number frame than your Misser replica. Both with the same double S stamp. Suppose the stamp tool Turner used must have been so. Does your bike also have the letter B (burner?) stamp on the chainstay as pictured?

IMG_0726.JPG

Here is picture of the serial number stamped in to the bb. Much later number frame than your Misser replica. Both with the same double S stamp. Suppose the stamp tool Turner used must have been so. Does your bike also have the letter B (burner?) stamp on the chainstay as pictured?

View attachment 888990
I think the stamp double is because it was stamped before finishing and again afterwards, to let them track it though the process so to speak.

Back