1998 Stumpjumper M2 - Dew Green

Mr T

Dirt Disciple
I paid next to nothing for this, everything is original. The front mech is broken so that's all I need to replace. The XT V brakes have a wobble - but there's thread on here showing how to sort it.
The paint on the Judy T2s is flakey, but that doesn't matter it's for riding not for gawping at. Plus the decals match.

This pic is the before shot, I'll add the new 'shinier' one soon.

Attachments

• SAM_2593.JPG
    SAM_2593.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 858
I bought one of these second hand in 1999 from one of the guys who worked at my LBS, I really liked it, a very capable bike and well specced, though those 'Strongarm' cranks are the flexiest I've ever used.

Aye, the spec is very good. I've swapped the Avid brakes and the lx shifters for my old XT brake/rapidfire units from the same period. Also had a spesh stem in my parts box which has replaced the easton stem. Now I just need a 34.9 mm bottom pull front mech - LX or XT.
It's a very light bike, the Judy T2s aren't considered Rock Shox' best but it'll do for cross country , other posts note how stiff the frame is so I might consider a suspension seatpost further down the line.
I was surprised to see it even had the original specialized bar ends. No idea why the guy was willing to part with this bike. I asked him if he was sure he wanted to get rid of it.
I'll add those pics soon. The latest woodwork project has taken precedence for the time being.

Back