1998 Kona Lava Dome Resto Mod Project (Caldera P11 Onwards)

Re: The 1998 Kona Lava Dome Resto Mod Project

Front hub all sorted much better now.

pre clean

PTZmIBg.jpg

Cleaned

duYhjx2h.jpg

uzukz6uh.jpg

time to reasemble

R50Pdmzh.jpg

VSezMAch.jpg

8Lg64fbh.jpg

Gj6QLyvh.jpg

4Lzp36sh.jpg

tLT5VRlh.jpg

Yes so nice to shut myself in the shed doing these little bits. Only thing is im out of things to service on it now maybe i should start a xtr v brake servicing service lol

Finally got the XTR v's on last week they have much better feel and power. The service on them has made them feel soo smooth too. after my test ride around the garden hopefully ill be able to get out this weekend last weekend was a busy one.

LLKlvZkh.jpg

3iuyED2h.jpg

Ug0PW8jh.jpg

00cZGxah.jpg

DyAImTeh.jpg

Went out for the longest ride I've been on it so far last Tues, 30 miles very pleased with that my fitness is slowly coming back. Really enjoying the bike it rides so well wish id got another Kona sooner. The XTR brakes are way better than my old ones so its win all round.

Some pics at the duck pond

XLLtbEph.jpg

T1V10Kkh.jpg

B Day ride what better thing to do than enjoy your toys. Ive fitted my old dmr v8 pedals on as the old pedals just wouldn't seat well with my currant shoes. Im considering trying spd's again, I did try them many years ago but couldn't get on with them was only 10 though so didn't have much perseverance then. I suspect tech has moved along now and theyre easyier to work with too so im currently researching some good beginner spd's.

yEfZBwch.jpg

RKIU8N1h.jpg

pMeyN4Lh.jpg

iFvqO2Gh.jpg

Latest ride went to take a look at the haunted Aldershot military hospital wooo

bl1l1wih.jpg

RAwXPwBh.jpg

ia62n7Ah.jpg

kayJm4Qh.jpg

Update on the bike. I decided i wanted something a little longer up front so I opted for these J&L titanium forks I've been eyeing up on ebay for a while. The fact they are a major copy of project 2's and titanium was the main temptation not had anything titanium apart from bolts and axles so why not. Made a nice 105g weight saving too.

As i suspected they look great on the bike. Allot of research went in before buying but not allot of info was found on this fork inperticular. The other components they do seem fairly well rated and I only ride road so they wont get much stick. Hopefully i will get a proper ride in on them in the next few days.

i7TNH8yh.jpg

nbU82DFh.jpg

Fitted mmm lovely

nUZwWYlh.jpg

kM6VScdh.jpg

Back