1998-9 Porsche Bike S

Re: Re:

yakboy":2flv9yrs said:
Yeah, yeah....I'm easily distracted by shiny things as you know ;)
Just waiting for the garage to warm up a bit. Also reaching a milestone this Friday so fleeing these shores for a bit of snow...I know, excuses, excuses.... I will update soon.

Dude - you reached the 1/2 century mile stone - class of 86 ?

Re: Re:

yakboy":3ngn97p8 said:
Retro Spud":3ngn97p8 said:
Dude - you reached the 1/2 century mile stone - class of 86 ?

'fraid so :shock:

Welcome to the club.... :D

Re:

Right, a bit of play time in the garage after resting from full on Lumberjack duties. I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the frame is going to need a repaint, there are plenty of chips and more keep revealing themselves as I clean it more thoroughly and frankly the paint is just well Weird :shock: It's this strange matt paint that picks up dirt whenever you touch the frame and in some cases seems to suck up the stain into the paint. I have tried brake cleaner, muck off and as a last resort cellulose thinners on some stains (particularly on the chain stays ) and they just don't shift. I was doing some metal polishing ton some cranks tonight and touched the frame with my grubby mitts and the stain doesn't then wipe off with a cloth, needing muck off to clean it off (and not easily). I don't think I can live with this..so when we return to the real world I think a nice coat of Pearlescent white will do the trick.

49781421678_18abc4930f_c.jpg

Very odd... white zinc primer?

Latest posts

Back