1998/1999 Rock Shox SID dual air - rear

GZero

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

You've been nominated elsewhere to assist me in my search and come highly recommended.... ;) Fingers crossed.

I'm struggling to find an adaptor to inflate my rear shock, which is a Rock Shox SID dual air, fitted to a Scott G-Zero bought in Summer of 1999.

My local bike shop have just done a fair bit of work on the bike, but they could not find an adaptor to pump up the rear shock. They had a variety of adaptors in their workshop, but nothing that would fit the above shock, due to being too short reach.

I'm hoping one of you can point me in the right direction to sourcing a suitable adaptor.

Thanks in advance,

GZero.

Scarface,

Thanks for the link and apologies for the late response, but I just got back from a short break in the Lakes.

I think you may be correct and I found a similar adaptor in the workshop of Keswick Cycles. Unfortunately, they didn't have a spare and I didn't take the bike with me.... :oops:

I think for the sake of a fiver, I'll try the one in your link and hopefully the thread size will be the same.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Update !

Well it was deffo worth a try, but the Marzocchi adaptor is about 1mm larger diameter than the thread in the 1999 shock.

Any more ideas :idea: Anyone :?: Pleeeeeez :(

If you haven't already done so stick an add in the wanted section.

I'm sure someone on here will have one.

Chris.

Thanks Chris,

Just done that now.

May have found a bit of kit across the Atlantic, postage is 4 x more than the item, but will be worth it if it fits.

I'm sorted now and thanks again for your ideas.

Ended up ordering one from across the Atlantic two weeks ago from a cool site - RememberDelaware.com and it just arrived this morning :D

http://www.rememberdelaware.com/c-647-bike.aspx

Shock only a took a couple of minutes to sort and I'm off out later to burn the first bit of lard off :cool:

Back