1997 Klein Pulse be kind......

skywalker482

Retro Guru
So I've nearly finished this, just a paintjob and and an xtr chainset to go..... yes yes I know its Trek Klein and only just scrapes into this section due to her age but I really like it and its my daily ride, I want an Attitude really but frames rarely come up.

Use carbon bars and Use carbon post, Use CNC stem, XTR 952 mechs and V brakes, XTshifters/brake levers, on one rigid forks, Mavic Crossmax SSC wheels..... be nice

Attachments

• IMG_0948.JPG
    IMG_0948.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 762
Re:

yep forks are too long, max 80mm travel for those bikes, I have one and the original rigid fork was 390mm long.

Re:

Ah well it rides ok, I measured the suspension it came with and these were the same length so I guess the shocks were too long too....

Hotwheels.":3d1vgy2w said:
The forks look too long and the mudguards are gay...apart from that, sweet ride dude! :)

Christ was that you being being gentle :LOL:

I guess I could borrow one of them religious quotes to describe your statement

The lord giveth, and the lord taketh.... Only you did it the other way round :D

Re:

Forks are 420mm so not a million miles away and as I say, she rides a treat for my daily hack... Carbon bars and post take away some of the bone shaking ;)
I expected a lot worse abuse what with it being a trek klein ha ha

Retro Spud":24mmvbam said:
Hotwheels.":24mmvbam said:
The forks look too long and the mudguards are gay...apart from that, sweet ride dude! :)

Christ was that you being being gentle :LOL:

I guess I could borrow one of them religious quotes to describe your statement

The lord giveth, and the lord taketh.... Only you did it the other way round :D

I didn't want to upset the lad, so instead of picking him up then slamming him down, I tried the old switcheroo...I think it worked!? :?

I'm also on a Trek-Klein Pulse '97 and with a similar length fork! The paint falls off every time I take it out, it is a nice ride though.

So what are the options for a correct length suspension fork then?

I have a pair of SID 2002 which I'm thinking of reducing to 60-63mm travel, I'm not really bothered about correct age but getting close to the correct geometry would be nice.

Latest posts

Back