1997 GT Xizang Build Update 26/07/2011

Update 26/7/2011

Got my new wildgrippers on it today (thanks to Ozone) green wasnt my 1st choice of color, but the bike is now finished and i think its stunning :eek: :eek: just got a few final tweeks to do before i can get out on it

cheers :cool:

WT3.jpg

WT2.jpg

WT1-1.jpg

RETRO ORANGE P7 HELP

I wonder if anyone can help. I've got a retro P7 (96ish) and am trying to get a new aheadset fitted. The shop have tried about five 1 inch to no avail. The problem seems to be that the inside diameter of the head tube is too large for the Aheadset, therefore meaning the outside surface of the Aheadset shell doesn't sit flush against the inside of the head tube, causing there to be play between the component and the frame.
I've attached pic 3 to try and illustrate exactly what I mean.

Have u guys heard of this before?? It seems very strange to me.

Re: RETRO ORANGE P7 HELP

panantukan":30cblhpz said:
I wonder if anyone can help. I've got a retro P7 (96ish) and am trying to get a new aheadset fitted. The shop have tried about five 1 inch to no avail. The problem seems to be that the inside diameter of the head tube is too large for the Aheadset, therefore meaning the outside surface of the Aheadset shell doesn't sit flush against the inside of the head tube, causing there to be play between the component and the frame.
I've attached pic 3 to try and illustrate exactly what I mean.

Have u guys heard of this before?? It seems very strange to me.

you could have posted this somewhere more suitable :roll: but thanks for the free bump :cool:

1 inch headset JIS size i.e. 27.1mm crown race dia, not the 26.5mm usual standard?? maybe, if its definately 1"

nogueira.nuno":2bib9h5a said:
Hi,

Can I see a Pic of the Xizang with the Wildgrippers?

Curious to see how it looks :)

in time my good man :D

i'll have it finished by the end of the week, i just have a couple 'lil tweeks to do, and i'll probably make a new post for it when its done

sean :cool:

;) thanks

Exactly as I liked, blue parts and a different clear tyre.

The thing is that I have a Spinergy Set(darker on the wheels) but will try on mine the Wildgrippers to see if looks as yours. ;)

;)

Expecting them a general picture ;)

Back