1996 univega dual action team Full Suss £50

Charlieboy28

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I bought this bike based on some exceptionally bad pictures and my belief that it should have come laden with full xtr. Well did i learn. Poor Elpedro collected it for me at great time and hassle and expense.

First the bad bits. The forks are fecked, sink rapidly and rebound very slowly, there are adjuster bits missing and perhaps internal parts, what bits are there look to be ok, the stanchions from a minimal inspection on what is visual do not look scratched. I have not taken the forks apart, there may be other bits missing, there may be very little missing, but the forks are very much spares or repairs.
The LX shifters work but are missing the lower covers. Crank arms are mismatched.
there is an xtr front mech, but there is play in the pivots.

That aside the bike rides and works as it should, given how little riding has been possible with the forks as they are.
there are many good bits , the wheels are good, some shimano silent clutch malarky rear on big beefy sup rims which do not have much wear, front is stx with matching rim.
the frame is scratched but is straight and true, with a fox rear shock. it has a nisene saddle in ok nic, control tech seat post and some magura's which aside from a red adjuster knob missing on one lever work very well. there are lots of other usable if non too pretty parts on the bike.

I am asking for £50 collected, which is what i paid, for this bike to save me the hassle of splitting.Who knows some perhaps very minor work on the forks and it is a potential beast of a bike.
If you wanted it posted it would be about £20 more.
any questions please ask.

Collection would be wonderful. I want it gone.

Re:

I said i would have it on my Pm which you got before the guy you sold it to.... pretty sure you've just broke the rules...cheers Pal!

Re:

Hi ya smiler, it was sold to ishaw on the 19th may, I forgot to put sold on the thread. I think you broke the rules of life by not getting your facts right before making outrageous allegations of shenanigans and skullduggery, but hey life is short and worse things happen at sea and I'm not one to bear a grudge

I know Ishaw was intent on parting out the bike, might be worth dropping him a pm :xmas-wink:

Latest posts

Back