1996 RTS-3 Decals

SteveCar

Retro Newbie
I have the paint and I have the decals. How important is it to put every one of them on, like the warning sticker and the Made in Taiwan one? There are actually 2 warnings, one for the wheels and one general,
Of course the RTS-3 and the GT's and the 7000 series too will go on it
All I am doing is a rehab, the paint is close (honda believe it or not), I'll strip it, check/regrease all the bearings, new cables and housings. Shine some stuff up too if I can.
For a full restoration I can see replacing everything the way it was.
So..... important or not?

Hi, is that important or not ?
if i had all the decals, i would put all of them on but it’s your bike. It depends on what you want… if you want to be as close to the original, put them all on, otherwise it’s your choice😉

Hi, is that important or not ?
if i had all the decals, i would put all of them on but it’s your bike. It depends on what you want… if you want to be as close to the original, put them all on, otherwise it’s your choice😉
I was leaning that way myself, adding them all. I still want feedback from the site on it. It'll be awhile before I get to that point anyways. Thanks for the input.

I habitually remove all warning stickers myself, to me they're a legal necessity rather than a design feature.

A "made in taiwan" sticker I wouldn't remove necessarily, but neither would I be fussed about sourcing a new one for a faithful restoration. I might bother if it was "made in the USA" or "made in England" as that's a bit more unusual.

Mind you, I'm not really one for super faithful catalogue builds, so not sure my opinion counts for much!

I habitually remove all warning stickers myself, to me they're a legal necessity rather than a design feature.

A "made in taiwan" sticker I wouldn't remove necessarily, but neither would I be fussed about sourcing a new one for a faithful restoration. I might bother if it was "made in the USA" or "made in England" as that's a bit more unusual.

Mind you, I'm not really one for super faithful catalogue builds, so not sure my opinion counts for much!
All opinions matter. Like I said, it is a rehab, not a full on restoration. It would be nice if it was the rare USA or UK bike, alas it is not Thanks for your view on it.

Latest posts

Back