1996 Rocky Mountain Speed

Being a Brit, I'd keep the Pace as I think they are infinitely cooler looking than boring old Rockshox! Having said that, they probably both work just as 'well'. If you ever don't want the fork though I might be interested in it.

Kinda inherited it. But I think i'm going to keep it. Could use the RS Judy on another project. But i've spent too much money already. Gotta start building and stop accumulating parts! Updates this weekend! Stay tuned!

Well I JUST finished the build and rode it for about 30 minutes around the "hood"! I hate it! Its absolutely limp and lacks any feel to it at all! My Trek 9200 has a better feel to it than this! I guess I could play around with rear shock but I highly doubt it......maybe its because I am 200+lbs and over 6ft tall. I think the frame is just a tad small.
This is probably going to go up for sale in the very near future!

I've bought this bike in 96 (large) after my Altitude got stolen. Really love the look & the geometry but it was the worst rear suspension bike i've ever had. The frame Broke 2 times. What a nightmare. Now i got a Klein Mantra that is pretty close from a Speed but at least the shock is not a coil spring. Not perfect but still a better ride.

luckyboy73":2dk763rr said:
I've bought this bike in 96 (large) after my Altitude got stolen. Really love the look & the geometry but it was the worst rear suspension bike i've ever had. The frame Broke 2 times. What a nightmare. Now i got a Klein Mantra that is pretty close from a Speed but at least the shock is not a coil spring. Not perfect but still a better ride.

Maybe its because i'm a hardtail guy but I just couldn't get used to the rear sus. "Pedal Bob" was stupid crazy on this. I am sure if you upgraded the rear, from a coil, it would be fine. Frame has been sold so I should update this!

Back