1996 Olympics

oldscholar

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
I see mountain biking is in the Olympics next weekend and that its been an Olympic event since Atlanta '96. I was wondering what machinery they used back then but can't find any information on it. Has anyone got any links etc?

see if you can find chainsmoke on line, it has some footage...

i think cadel was on a diamonback vertex? or was he on cannondale by then, susan dematti was on a DB, alyson sydor on cannondale i think, Pula pezzo on fisher? Bart brenchans on american eagle? frishi on a ritchey and martinez on a sunn?

Paola Pezzo rode a Gary Fisher bike, i used to drool over that Pro Caliber bike back in the day but had to settle for the Montare as i couldnt afford the ££££ :(

I think there was quite a bit of drooling over pezzo back then. Saw some Australian commentary of the women's xc race in 96. Pezzo comes into shot with her zip perhaps a little too low for family viewing. Bruce pipes up, "Paola pezzo, the darling of European mounting biking... And you can see why!". Classic. It's on you tube.

sthodgson":24y9n681 said:
I think there was quite a bit of drooling over pezzo back then. Saw some Australian commentary of the women's xc race in 96. Pezzo comes into shot with her zip perhaps a little too low for family viewing. Bruce pipes up, "Paola pezzo, the darling of European mounting biking... And you can see why!". Classic. It's on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiHbRK_S66M

Had to look for it :LOL: 3.15 in

Back