1996 kona explosif ... To respray or not dilemma

Ha ha quality! To be honest I could tell the difference also but I was just asking the question.
What does your Grandmother think about Explosives and Lava Domes? Which is her favourite?

Re:

Ah well one decision made easier...

Alas my gorgeous kona lava dome is no more!

Creased it today whilst riding Swinley :mad:(

Re: Re:

pimpmykona":9qiaru9n said:

:facepalm: :facepalm: How? are you creased too?

Re: Re:

pimpmykona":14brftzp said:

How on earth did you do that? They are pretty solid machines :-s

Re:

We had a day at Swinley today..

Took off over a berm and my landing was square into a rather nasty pothole. Forks bottomed out and wheel stayed put with me going flying over the bars. Bloody lucky not to break anything or be seriously hurt.

Bruised elbow and knee.

Cracked helmet and a neat crack to down tube with chipped paintwork behind headset.

I've loved this bike pretty much from new and yeah they sure are solid, that's why it lasted so long .

Re:

So sorry to hear that but at least you are ok. Sounds like a heavy landing and it's a good job you have a spare frame! Can the LD be repaired or is it not worth it?

Re:

Repair and a respray... Hmmm not sure it's worth it to be honest. As much as I'd love it to continue... A repaired bike from such catestrophic failure is always that.

I repaired my from new 96 Killy after it failed at the end of jogle... I rode it off-road after the repair but subconsciously always held back on my rides for fear of it failing again. It will be placed in the attic.. For a day when I come into money and restore the lot of them.

Back