1995 Team Marin reimagined: Bumblebee

That's a stunning job you're doing, just love it! I'd define at as a sympathetic re-imagine as although latest-gen parts are fitted, they are entirely in keeping with mid-90's Marin ethics/aesthetics. It will be, I'm sure, a gorgeous machine to ride - well done.
Thank you! looking forward to finishing it but waiting on a couple of bits but well chuffed with it so far!

Jumping in as another Marin fan to say great job, looking forward to see how it turns out...

Is this a reverse retromod?? Modretro??? Retroretro...

Jumping in as another Marin fan to say great job, looking forward to see how it turns out...

Is this a reverse retromod?? Modretro??? Retroretro...
cheers thank you! I must say I think it’s all of the above buzzwords 😂 and yellow. Very yellow.

Can I ask who did the decals? Are they one-offs for this project or std replacements?
They were done by the in house design team at Argos Racing for this project; as a result though they now have them on file so they can use again for any other team marin restorations 👍

A few bits added on today; front and rear mechs, sugino cranks on with a rather cool middleburn granny ring, and the shifter/brake levers are on, with front brake set up with some kool stop eagle 2 pads. Also the saddle, which whilst modern, is comfy and I like the look of the shorter nosed saddles. Awaiting a chain and some better grips as the foam ones are fairly solid. Also need to decide on caged or flat pedals

Attachments

• IMG_8013.jpeg
    IMG_8013.jpeg
    492.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8004.jpeg
    IMG_8004.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8006.jpeg
    IMG_8006.jpeg
    827.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8007.jpeg
    IMG_8007.jpeg